Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any snow birds?

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Would be nice if you included your location in your profile...

(KLD)
    Not sure what my profile says.... I'll check that out/add. Ontario, Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadier View Post
    You can rent or buy a condo in Puerto Vallarta. This one is ADA compliant http://avidapv.com/
    Hello!

Hi smokey. I hear you. One of my greatest barriers to travel is the PCA situation. I have a great team here but they all have kids/husbands and can't just take off. In the past I have arranged for sci knowledgeable caregivers in advanced at my destination and it worked well - but that was short 7-14 day trips.

Quote Originally Posted by baldfatdad View Post
    Ten years in a motorhome. North in the summer, south in winter. Volunteered with the Forest Service, BLM and Nat Parks.
    This is what we are trying to get going! I'll bet you have some fantastic stories. Are you still doing it?

Traveling with the Hoyer, med supplies and luggage really wears my wife out, so we are looking at small, simple RVs to tour the national parks. The trick is that converted minivans have such limited towing capacity and low ground clearance. We are searching for a dependable and of course accessible vehicle to get it done. There are a couple of impressive options on the market, but I've read just enough negative stories to give me pause. Currently looking at adapting a Ford Transit cargo van. It's a lot to figure out and it at all costs money.