Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Colostomy questions

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I stuck a 2 piece on this morning about an inch and a half low right of my belly button. Put on the tightest pants with a super cumbersome waistband and went about my day,lots of transfers. stayed stuck, bag got pinched under my belly a bit but stayed snug.
    Mine's maybe an inch and a half lower than belly button also.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

The way I wear my pants these days I consider my belly button my waist line, like 80 year man Should of mentioned that

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I stuck a 2 piece on this morning about an inch and a half low right of my belly button. Put on the tightest pants with a super cumbersome waistband and went about my day,lots of transfers. stayed stuck, bag got pinched under my belly a bit but stayed snug.
    mines about an inch and a half bellow and left of my belly button. I pull my pants up over my belly button now. As a quad i find the one piece disposables the easiest to use.

Question of the day!
    How much of crease can run through your stoma location? Not even so much crease as wee wrinkle.
    I bend over and lay across my knees to empty my leg bag, a squishy situation for the selected area but im thinking unless theres muck then no matter!? Stoma area would be pretty tough.

Sorry for fully and completely hijacking your thread Landrover!

Ive been working on the visible aspect of it. Gotta tell ya, no ones noticed. When I first slapped on the bag I didn't even tell the wife, she didn't notice till bed that night.
    Today, I put some water and paper towel to buldge it...no ones noticed it. Under waist band, over waistband and just under shirt..no ones noticed

Did you all find you experienced constipation more often post colostomy than pre?

I'd say less. But more importantly was that I tend to feel less bloated. I find eating more frequently and keeping fluids up helps (as always).

Less bloated! I like thoughts of that.

Don't want to scare you off I have had my ostomy since May and just had my first bout with constapation last week. I had been eating the samethings I have been since the surgery so the only thing I can think it might have been was the last fresh half of ear of sweet corn for the summer. I drank a lot of liquid both hot and cold and took some stool softners and after four days the flood gates opened finally.

Take a little more than a bit of constipation to change my mind. When they told me 3-5 days, no private rooms and no wifi I just about said no way though.