Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Colostomy questions

So glad to hear that you are happy with your decision.

ckf
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Did you buy the Stealth Belt Shaun? If so how's it working? I'd love to find something to corral the bulge.

Glad it's working out for you. Worst thing for me is the quad belly look; which is nothing compared to pre colostomy.
    I did not. I changed the way I did a few thing's and my surgeon and nurse told me take a breath and stop over thinking everything. It's all worked out.

Thanks everybody for the advice and help for me making this decision.

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyFan View Post
    Ditto. It was agony making the decision to get the procedure, that was the toughest part of the entire process.
    After 24 years of bc I didn't think twice about having the procedure.

Good suggestions above.
    ckf
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

BTW, when I first had my colostomy a friend who'd already had the procedure recommended a Litter Genie as a way to dispose of the colostomy bags. So, you use a plastic bag to collect the colostomy bag as usual and then drop into the container. This works extremely well - no odor at all.