Thread: Disabled surfing on Maui

Disabled surfing on Maui

There is a disabled surfing group on Maui that help disabled folk learn to surf and experience the ocean. Before I approach them more to see if they could help disabled tourist on holidays to learn to surf and to see whats all involved I wanted to see if there was any interest in this activity from the disabled community. First communications with them have been positive. Aloha Bruce

Pretty sure I can still float. Use to swim laps before sci. Always enjoy being in the water.
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

I have been in touch with a local group that offers surfing for the disabled and it seems quite informal but they provide the equipment and knowledge and where to go, the able bodied instructor will be with you but it is helpful if you could have someone else with you just to help physically, I’ve been talking to a C 6 quad who has been surfing for about a year and loves the freedom of being in the ocean. If you are interested I can give you the contact info. E-mail me at info@mauiaccessiblecondo.com Aloha Bruce