Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shower Chair-is there a good one?

We've been partial to Nuprodx chairs. My husband uses a slider system but they make an assortment of lightweight/sturdy aluminum self propelled shower chairs too. The seat cushions give good skin protection and can be made with gel or foam fill. There's a lot of custom features that can be made according to the buyer's needs. The whole unit can be easily taken down and packed for travel.

All Bodypoint fabric products, including the Aeromesh ones, can be machine washed at the hot setting (they are tested up to 140 F), and machine dried. This is in the care instructions. And that is generally not the case with other positioning belts. Have you checked the care instructions of the belt you are swapping out?

As for having it too close to the urethra, you don't have to leave it where it was installed (Bodypoint does not do the installation; they sell belts to manufacturers like Raz and to dealers). In fact, the instructions do not recommend the position your pic shows, but rather on the chest, knees or thighs. So I think we'd all agree it's installed in the wrong place. The grommet strap has multiple holes for that reason. And there are one and two-piece versions for different situations.

The page I linked to shows some hardware that can make swaps easier, and you can download the instructions and tech bulletins from there as well. I'm sorry about your UTI, and certainly agree shower chair belts should be washed frequently. Full disclaimer: I used to work for Bodypoint.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    I have been using the 18'' version or the 6895 model, compared to your 16'' or 6795 Mariner Shower Chair for over 13 years. I do not travel so the chair has remained open but I have not had a single problem with the chair itself. I was 6 foot and 215 pounds when I began using the chair and the only problem we had was teaching new attendants, the stopping distance ahead of the chair that's required for the patient lift to lower me into the shower chair correctly.

We eventually solved the problem by placing marks on the floor to locate both the lift and the chair position permanently but recently, the right foot pedal broke off when an aide jammed the lift between the footrests.

I just recently received a Nuprodx multiCHAIR 4024 and although its quality is outstanding, the chair functions no better than the Mariner and adjusting the foot pedal heights is much more limited and difficult. The nicely padded seat on the MC is much appreciated though.
    Last edited by forestranger52; 06-04-2018 at 05:00 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt