Thread: handcycle cushion what do you prefer

handcycle cushion what do you prefer

years ago andy from bike on recemended the varalite zoid im wondering if the stimulite sport would be better my butt is really boney i ride 2 hours at a time

side question what is the yellow bag like thing the sport is wrapped in do i need it on there to use the cush culd i possibley even not use the cover
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Blog Entries
    I use a Stimulite Contour XS with the center cut out to fit around the stem and the front outside corners rounded to fit into the frame (Force 3)
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    years ago andy from bike on recemended the varalite zoid im wondering if the stimulite sport would be better my butt is really boney i ride 2 hours at a time

side question what is the yellow bag like thing the sport is wrapped in do i need it on there to use the cush culd i possibley even not use the cover
    supracor all the way. no cover. cut to fit
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Memory foam

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    supracor all the way. no cover. cut to fit

it fits on there but what the heck is that yellow bag type thing its in
    and your saying ditch all covers correct
    can i just wash it ever week in the shower

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Memory foam
    were do you get the foam pat and would it work on the sling of that pro i have

I got the foam years ago from Advanced Mobility in Vancouver BC but you can get it at any mattress or upholstery shop. Mine was firm (Blue or Green) and formed to the shape of the butt when on it. Gives great relief; best bike cushion I've used to date. I cut it to the shape of the bike cover on my Freedom Ryder. On my old Pro, I used an old wheelchair cover and cut it down to the length of the seat. I've never had any problem with it and still use it on my bike after two flap surgeries with narry a red mark after riding.

Nice thing about the foam is you can cut to any shape and thickness you want and fits into any cover you are using. For washing, just wash the cover. I use an electric knife or my bandsaw to cut and shape it.

its the incontinent cover i believe. just throw cushion in washer 1x per week then air dry, thats what i do with all my supracors
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    it fits on there but what the heck is that yellow bag type thing its in
    and your saying ditch all covers correct
    can i just wash it ever week in the shower
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer