Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ricon VMI Slideaway lift

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    The Slideaway I tried was in a Dodge Promaster. It seemed like a tight fit. The specs say it protrudes 21 inches into the cab. Without having an actual passenger seat that swiveled I could not tell if there was enough room, there might have been, but it was a gamble. On the other hand when I checked out the van that had the Vanagater II there was no question in my mind that there was plenty of floor space.

I guess there is more than that. I had mentally prepared myself to pay out of pocket $10k (no insurance) which is what he had told me a few months ago. But when he emailed me the quote, it was $12k. I felt more crowded.
    no issue with vangator. i have both transfer seats. maybe call around and see if anyone still has a vangator
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by Automotive Innovations View Post
    it isn't a option i'd ever go with.

vangaters are easily overhauled.

Jim
    Hi, Jim. Why exactly don't you like the Ricon slide-away lift? We are trying to create access for the wheelchair in the passenger slot, but the conversion guy we're working with isn't a fan of single-post lifts. With your professional experience, I'm very interested in your take (if you can share here). Thanks.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Spitzbub View Post
    Hi, Jim. Why exactly don't you like the Ricon slide-away lift? We are trying to create access for the wheelchair in the passenger slot, but the conversion guy we're working with isn't a fan of single-post lifts. With your professional experience, I'm very interested in your take (if you can share here). Thanks.

John
    Hi John,

Feel free to call if you want (mid week afternoons are usually best)

From the first day i saw them and how they worked i knew we'd never install one.

It was the same even after they stopped building them for a while.

Get a Vangatter II you will be much happier.

Jim
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA