Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Van carpeting

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    I hate carpet, or anything else not easily cleaned.
    Me too. Carpet is disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    I am uphostering my van and am wondering what type of carpet to use. I want to add padding for heat and noise. But the last think I want is to sink in and not be able to maneuver. I was considering rubber flooring. But that may be too hot and sound like an echo chamber. Any experience with this?

I would not do carpet!! It gets dirty, torn up and worn very easy plus not worth the cost!

Check out newer vans to get ideas, we just bought a 2012 Dodge Caravan and its a VMI conversion and VMI is here in Az where I am and they use a rubber coating now that is sprayed in and then metal brackets are laid over to secure it in place.

I don't think you need any specific product as we all roll and turn different but might look at truck spay in bed companies for ideas and quotes also.

Tie downs are already in place so they are just secured back to the floor when your done!

Mine has a soft texture to it...its dusty but the local car wash guys clean it up nice, and we are looking at testing a Braava 240 self mopper...

Last edited by RollinPositive; 05-25-2018 at 03:34 PM.

Thanks for the pics. That looks nice. I was considering a spray product. But then I am married to it forever. I'm going with 5mm rubber that can be secured with double-sided tape. I don't foresee the need to remove it. But the option is there.