Thread: Shaping the back canes : Endomorphing ?

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete

Shaping the back canes : Endomorphing ?

Anyone have their backcanes shaped ?

My thighs are the limiting factor in my width, giving me an 18" wide cushion and frame, otherwise I'd probably be on a 17" or 16" wide chair.
    Trying to get my rear wheels narrower, I have camber, my wheels are always rubbing against the back canes so I'm thinking of trying to get a bend in the back canes so where the back rest attaches it would be 16" or 17" wide instead of 18". Grabbing myself ane extra 1" or 2".

Anyone ever do this?

Apparently it gets done on power chairs ? I'm told they call it endomorphing (spelling) ? yet to find a reference on the intertubes. anyone know?

TiLite Designs Unlimited:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

chasmengr thanks hadn't seen that.

I was looking for something that added one more bend to make the canes parallel again.. to allow an aftermarket back rest to be added

Wonder how much the $$$$$ the up charge is for these bends.

Quote Originally Posted by NW-Will View Post
    Anyone have their backcanes shaped ?

My thighs are the limiting factor in my width, giving me an 18" wide cushion and frame, otherwise I'd probably be on a 17" or 16" wide chair.
    Trying to get my rear wheels narrower, I have camber, my wheels are always rubbing against the back canes so I'm thinking of trying to get a bend in the back canes so where the back rest attaches it would be 16" or 17" wide instead of 18". Grabbing myself ane extra 1" or 2".

Anyone ever do this?

Apparently it gets done on power chairs ? I'm told they call it endomorphing (spelling) ? yet to find a reference on the intertubes. anyone know?
    why not aluminum bolt on side guards to hold your hips in at 17 wide. same issue here, big thighs so i use bolt on side guards to stay tight
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Funny you should say that.
    I suggested that to the PT, but they are all like the risk of a pressure sore is too great!

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    why not aluminum bolt on side guards to hold your hips in at 17 wide. same issue here, big thighs so i use bolt on side guards to stay tight

really isnt. i dont even get red. would solve your problem too.
    Quote Originally Posted by NW-Will View Post
    Funny you should say that.
    I suggested that to the PT, but they are all like the risk of a pressure sore is too great!
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Mine is powerchair but over years thigh roll-out. Like already posted I to have thigh supports on chair, they have soft covering over them to prevent pressure. With those can keep thighs from rolling far out, hence narrow seat-base.
    If you need backcanes at different bend will lateral trunk supports help? How about deep contoured backrest with built in lateral supports, like OttoBock Seatback 3?
    Last edited by MikeP2013; 05-20-2018 at 01:08 PM.

I'm just trying to narrow the back cane width of the chair by an inch, maybe 2. allowing my rear wheels manual chair to tuck in closer, as I have cambered wheels they don't effect the seat width.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP2013 View Post
    Mine is powerchair but over years thigh roll-out. Like already posted I to have thigh supports on chair, they have soft covering over them to prevent pressure. With those can keep thighs from rolling far out, hence narrow seat-base.
    If you need backcanes at different bend will lateral trunk supports help? How about deep contoured backrest with built in lateral supports, like OttoBock Seatback 3?

I wish my PT wasn't so good at planting the seeds of paranoia in my head.
    They state these things with such confidence!
    Going to have to experiment with some padding on my current chair, squish myself in for a couple of weeks and see what kind of issues I have.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    really isnt. i dont even get red. would solve your problem too.