Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: under-vehicle-wheelchair-lifts

Quote Originally Posted by Automotive Innovations View Post
    ....In most cases you need to build a custom exhaust system and if you want a little more clearance install a new driveshaft system.
    ...Jim
    I forgot about the exhaust. When I used to crawl under there without jacking the rig up, it seemed like there was a ton of ground clearance. So I was erroneously thinking the lift could just be slammed up against the frame without moving anything. Oh well I did look at a van with a folding lift and it wasn't too intrusive floor space wise.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Boy View Post
    After having both, I would go with the UVL. It is more expensive and higher maintenance, but worth it. I drive my van in the winter here in Colorado and have had no issues with ice or snow buidup. The box the UVL is in is pretty well sealed when closed.
    I missed your post the first time through. What do you drive and what underbody stuff had to be moved if any? I'm not worried about ice and snow in Seattle anymore with global warming, especially being retired. I can just stay put the day or two the roads are salty.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Hack, your brother treats you right. Probably everyone here starting with me wishes they had one who would/could fix them up with such a sweet ride.

He sure does. He used to work for a company that built wheelchair accessible vans. When I approached him about this build he said lets do it.