Thread: tape

tape

I have tried 3 types of tape all say safe for skin I have now a latex free breathable tap that I tape cathe with but I get red marks even though I move to a different spot dayly

the leg band fo some reason get in the bend of knee and my leg goes nuts it goes on fire if its to tight it goes on fire

that bard staock if I prne come on snaped and raised bubble blisters

ideas right leg only

I always seem to kink when I do left leg

open to ideas

Have you tried putting skin prep on before the tape?
    I use a knee high cotton sock to help hold up my leg bad: Wamsutta.
    I use plastic tubing from the hardware store. Won't kink and its clear so you can see your urine.

Have you tried 3M Micropore paper tape? It is the only one I have found that I can use that doesn't raise blisters. I hear you about Statlock Foley Catheter Stabilization Devices...I am blisters within in hours, even when using skin preps on.

Some people find these useful, internet search for Foley Catheter Leg Band Holder:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Have you used coban? Since don't stick to skin maybe you could wrap leg and then tape cath to it?
    I end up with dressings on toes, foot and lower arms on regular basis and it won't stick to skin and usually full contact with skin except were non-stick dressing is over wound.
    Some tape tears my skin and others anything from red to rough up pretty bad. I usually use 1" or 2" wide but can get up to 4", I think. Wider might put wrap around leg and second wrap around to secure cath.
    https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-...3321980&rt=rud

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP2013 View Post
    Have you used coban? Since don't stick to skin maybe you could wrap leg and then tape cath to it?
    I end up with dressings on toes, foot and lower arms on regular basis and it won't stick to skin and usually full contact with skin except were non-stick dressing is over wound.
    Some tape tears my skin and others anything from red to rough up pretty bad. I usually use 1" or 2" wide but can get up to 4", I think. Wider might put wrap around leg and second wrap around to secure cath.
    https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-...3321980&rt=rud
    that's like vet wrap not sure about it

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    that's like vet wrap not sure about it
    Same stuff that lab techs use around here to hold cotton ball in place after drawing blood.
    Wound doc told me it was Ok to use when they worked on foot. Tape was making mess of intact skin and had wear dressings for looooonnng time after surgery. He said just don't stretch it much when applying it around actual dressing, non-stick pads over wound packing. Then use strips of real tape over coban to keep it from bunching up or coming loose, especially since was not stretched much when applied.
    "Good Luck!"

thanks gonna get som of that 3m tape

3M Micropore tape seems the least irritating by a large margin for me.

I use an old-fashioned laytex big-bag with the matching cotton elastic straps with Velcro; I added a narrow strap to go over my knee to keep the bag up when it's loaded. Never had any problems with this setup; the lower strap is handy to grab when I want to lift my leg to shoot into a toilet, etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ