Thread: Travel dilemma, survey

Travel dilemma, survey

Hi fellow travelers...this question is for a possible trip years from now (so right now fantasy). I know only I can decide, but sometimes it's nice to hear other's opinions. The reason I am planning a trip so far in advance is because I am trying to use reward/airline miles for either hotel/airline. So here are my 3 current choices:

1. Return trip to Japan, but this time for longer, and to cities beyond Tokyo. I absolutely loved my trip to Tokyo last September. But strangely, I have trepidation that a return trip to a place I've been before (and enjoyed) won't live up to my previous visit. Anyway, I hope to bank enough rewards to fly business class, and whatever points remain for hotels.

2. Maui. This I could/would do in September '19 possibly. I would use points for my hotel stay fully. I would fly coach on Alaska Air.

3. Europe. Not sure when/where. I can't explain it, but for now, Europe is not high on my list, but I know others raved about it.

4. Pipe dream...the Maldives. Though I think it's nearly impossible for a pwc user to get there?

So of those 4, preferences? Or others?

Thanks

So I've decided upon Paris/London perhaps late May/June to celebrate my 25th! I know this is another subjective question, but which of the 2 cities would I be better spending more time in? Right now I'd likely do 9 days between the 2 (arriving am on a Sunday, departing on a Tuesday), and with my hotel rewards, I will get a 5th night free, so I am unsure which city I should stay the extra day.

Also, curious if anyone knows of patient lift rental providers in each city?

With all your traveling, have you considered purchasing a travel lift that you could take with you so you don't have to go through all of this trying to find one to rent? I know they are not cheap, although sometimes you can find one used. That and a travel shower/commode chair helped me travel all over the world with my mother.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I have a Molift 150 with a hard case, but even so, it is still cumbersome to lug around for my travel partner, especially since we try to use as much public transit as possible. Just not sure how she would manage? Would the Eurostar allow such a large item?

We have not been to London or Paris with my son. We have been to Italy 3 times since his accident and LOVE it! I’m sure people are the same everywhere, however the Italians are so accommodating, the food is amazing, the summer music festivals, the wine, the art, etc. not to mention the beauty. Viva italia!