Thread: Ostomy product supplier

Ostomy product supplier

After 16 years of a daily bowel routine I decided to have an Colostomy done. I am now looking for a product supplier who takes what my insurance company (BC&BS) will pay as total payment. After trying out various types I am looking hard at a Holister 2 piece ostomy apparatus if that helps in narrowing down a supplier

Thanks

Nevada

I've been injured 17 years, and have my colostomy surgery scheduled for June 4th.

Did you check with your stoma therapy nurse for a referral? They should be knowledgeable about this.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

There are some good product reviews on this site. His comments about what makes products valuable/useful are very helpful. Check out the coloplast sensura mio click two-piece.

If you are looking for an online supplier, Duke Medical Supply have served me well for a ggood many years. They accept Medicare.

https://www.dukemedicalsupply.com/
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

I've been using Edgepark for something like 20 years.
    T12 Complete since 1982. TiLite Tx

sterling medical has been my supplier now for almost 3 years just switched to mckesson as sterling was bought out. was rough the first months but it seems to be better now. highly suggest you call your insurance company and see which supplier they work with. this way if you have the choice you can go to whoever has been suggested to you, also i wouldn't make any decisions on what products you order till you have had the surgery and tried products first! all major companies will send you samples. and the hospital you have your surgery at will send you home with supplies to get you started as well as order any samples for you. every person is different with to what will work for them. i originally thought i would be in a 1 piece either coloplast or convetec product. it turns out i am highly allergic to both systems i am actually in a 2 piece hollister product. also again would highly suggest a good WOCN give a look as well their wealth of information is invaluable INMO
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009