Thread: As I remember, Dr. Young said that only 10% returned will be enough to get up and wa

As I remember, Dr. Young said that only 10% returned will be enough to get up and wa

Quote:
    Patients treated with a PNA allograft (Avance Nerve Graft, AxoGen) exhibited recovery of motor function and sensory nerve function in 75% and 85% of the patients, respectively.
    As I remember, Dr. Young said that only 10% returned will be enough to get up and walk.

Nerve Repair And Regeneration Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Biomaterials, Neurostimulation and Neuromodulation Devices), By Surgery, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2024
    Industry Insights
    The global nerve repair and regeneration market size was valued to be USD 5,900 million in 2015 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 11.6% over the forecast period. The high incidence rate of neurological disorders, strong product pipeline attributed to the presence of key market players, and the improved treatment efficiency for neurological disorders due to technological advancement are the key drivers of the market. Furthermore, the widening applications and therapies in treating the various CNS disorders, such as Parkinson?s disease and Alzheimer?s, are further expected to boost the market growth over the forecast period.
    read....
    https://www.grandviewresearch.com/in...ontent=Content

I recall that as well. At least something very close to that was stated. I think it was that 10% "return" would be enough to make someone appear normal. As in, if someone didn't know that you had a SCI, they wouldn't be able to tell.

I remember him saying that if 10% of the spinal column was undamaged, then with therapy an SCI patient would appear normal. Of course, certain skills would be lost, e.g. a professional dancer might no longer dance exceptionally well.