Thread: roho mosiac /low profile

roho mosiac /low profile

i have a low profile cush and was wondering the difference in the 2 as witch one would be dedicated as a car cush my ins will buy either one any input is appreciated
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Hi Wheelin, The Mosaic cushion is a bit taller, with larger air cells. I believe the Low Profile cushion is better suited for use as a car cushion, given the lower height and better lateral stability. I'm sure others on the forum have experience using various ROHO cushions in a car application, so you should get some good feedback.

Regards,

Tom Borcherding
    Permobil Seating / ROHO Inc.

Just curious if anyone runs a roho full time in their car. How does it stand up?

I had a J3 with a gel insert that I left in a car for a few years, but the gel insert popped. The heating and cooling cycles could be hell on the rubber components of the air cells, at least if you live in the south like I do. I suspect even in illinois cars get pretty toasty in the summer, but of course you might have a lot more garages to keep off that pesky snow.

Still I wonder how it would hold up. I'm always wearing holes in the combo foam/roho cushions I've owned.

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    Just curious if anyone runs a roho full time in their car. How does it stand up?

I had a J3 with a gel insert that I left in a car for a few years, but the gel insert popped. The heating and cooling cycles could be hell on the rubber components of the air cells, at least if you live in the south like I do. I suspect even in illinois cars get pretty toasty in the summer, but of course you might have a lot more garages to keep off that pesky snow.

Still I wonder how it would hold up. I'm always wearing holes in the combo foam/roho cushions I've owned.
    I have been using Roho low profiles in my car for several years. Virginia gets very hot in a closed car in the summer. I put a winshield deflector screen up which reduces heat build up in car during the summer months. If I know I am not going to be in the car for quite a while I take the cushion inside and place it right by the door to grab on the way out.

This system has worked well for me. Overall the cushion serves me very well. A small detail but I find my preference is to leave the cover off my car cushon, if I feel it is out of whack at all after transferring in I can move it around easy, especially on leather seats.
    Last edited by ChesBay; 05-08-2018 at 05:01 PM. Reason: typo misspell

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post

i also use a jay and thought of using the jel out of an old one im reading it right you just use the jel correct

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Borcherding View Post
    Hi Wheelin, The Mosaic cushion is a bit taller, with larger air cells. I believe the Low Profile cushion is better suited for use as a car cushion, given the lower height and better lateral stability. I'm sure others on the forum have experience using various ROHO cushions in a car application, so you should get some good feedback.

Regards,

Tom Borcherding
    Permobil Seating / ROHO Inc.
    ya thats kinda what i figured i have a low profile quatro i was gonna use

wheelin 48,

Regarding your post "i also use a jay and thought of using the jel out of an old one im reading it right you just use the jel correct" -
    the referenced Jay gel component provides very little cushioning when used alone. Additionally, the Jay gel component's construction is not sufficiently robust to be used alone atop an automobile seat - the gel component will not last long if used in that way.

If only minimal cushioning is desired atop an automobile seat (i.e., something more minimal than the aforementioned Roho), then something like the 0.7" thick SupraSeat Stimulite Cushion by Supracor would be substantially more durable than the Jay gel component, while also providing a tiny bit more cushioning.

Using Roho Mosaic full time on the chair and in the car. Wider softer cells seems to work for me, Roho high profile and Low profile where to hard.
    c6/7 incomplete 6/30/07

whats that smell? its me, cause im the shit.

если я сейчас умру то нахуй я родился