Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bladder Botox

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Have you looked at the timing of when you take your medications? That may help a little.
    ckf
    I was taking 25 mgs of Myrbetriq twice a day (morning and night). When they added the Ditropan, they had me take both Myrbetriq (50 mgs total) in the morning and take the Ditropan at night. The Ditropan made me really dry mouthed at night so I switched the medications. (Its easier to get a drink during the day than at night.)

How could I change things up?

I would split the Ditropan doses and probably the Myrbetriq also. It would give you more even levels. Before doing it, though, I would speak with prescriber. Explain your concerns and issues.
    ckf
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I would split the Ditropan doses and probably the Myrbetriq also. It would give you more even levels. Before doing it, though, I would speak with prescriber. Explain your concerns and issues.
    ckf
    Thanks, I'll give them a call.

Let me know what they say.

ckf
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I have had three intervals for the Botox injections. The first two seemed to be 6-8 months. I recently had it performed at 6 months due to a long vacation. I was only 2 weeks out from the injections and it didn't seem to be working. It seemed as though the injections from 6 months prior were wearing off vs the new therapy working. I wonder how much the technique of the injections comes into play?

I hope I can restore the Botox benefits. It truly change my life related to being incontinent.

Robert

Should notice working by 14 days, usually noticed at 7 days or before. Lasts anywhere from 6 months to 1 year... or not at all or shorter time. We are not sure why. Some never experience this , some do after the first time. Research needs to be done on this. And possibly looking at using the other Botulinums- Dysport, Xenomin as is a little different. So far neither approved for bladder.
    A Botox holiday i.e. waiting a year or two then trying gain sometimes helps.
    CWO

Or...there are many reports on this forum that after about 4-5 Botox injection experiences, they are no longer effective. I am c6/7 complete and my experience with Botox was it was not effective after the fourth injection. Experiences may vary, but in my opinion Botox is not the be all end all for bladder spasm in our neurogenic bladder community.

Does anyone have long-term success with Botox injections? I'm on my second round with the first lasting six months...
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Does anyone have long-term success with Botox injections? I'm on my second round with the first lasting six months...
    I've been getting Botox since 2008, when it was still in clinical trials. Results vary but I get a solid year's worth of results, get re-treated before I start leaking. I receive 300 units -- this was the clinical rial arm dose I received so I've stuck with it. I don't believe the trial results showed that 300 units delivered a longer-term response than the standard 200 units, but I can't argue with success.