Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Van

Van

What is everybody using for a full size van since the Ford E250 has been deleted from the line up?

i have a chevy express explorerconv now. next will be transit or mercedes
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

2003 Dodge Sprinter SHR 140" WB Passenger Model with Rear Entry.
    Get rich or win lottery need replace.
    Think next be either Transit or a ?, not sure what since ProMaster front seats are on raised platform. Would like think about a mini-van but 2 chairs not going fit to well.

I'm really wanting a Sprinter, to make into a camper for K9 vanlife. I like Ford Transits, too, but I heard there's stuff under the driver's seat that makes for being unable to switch to transfer seats. Not sure if that's true.

they must have found a work around. saw few vids on youtube of transfer seats in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by heartdog View Post
    I'm really wanting a Sprinter, to make into a camper for K9 vanlife. I like Ford Transits, too, but I heard there's stuff under the driver's seat that makes for being unable to switch to transfer seats. Not sure if that's true.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Quote Originally Posted by heartdog View Post
    Don't know about Transit.
    But, 2003 Sprinter has one of main fuse box under driver's seat, as does all older T1N's and most likely still do in new ones. If manual turner will do and added 1 1/2" to seat height it should be OK.
    Be sure check on service in your area beforehand on Sprinter.

I’m using a 2011 GMC Explorer Conversion with Braun Vangater lift. I have been looking for a new vehicle as well. C6 complete injury, manual chair and I prefer to transfer into the driver seat. I modified the factory seat base on my past two vans to increase the travel on the factory power seat glide. An angle iron bracket was welded to the top rear of the seat base and I repositioned the factory seat with power glide brackets. I gained 5” of travel back from original position and pinch my manual chair between driver & passenger seats for an easy transfer. The trouble I’m finding now is the new lifts are large and cumbersome. I’d like to find or create a lift made for a slim profile manual chair user.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamblvr View Post
    I?m using a 2011 GMC Explorer Conversion with Braun Vangater lift. I have been looking for a new vehicle as well. C6 complete injury, manual chair and I prefer to transfer into the driver seat. I modified the factory seat base on my past two vans to increase the travel on the factory power seat glide. An angle iron bracket was welded to the top rear of the seat base and I repositioned the factory seat with power glide brackets. I gained 5? of travel back from original position and pinch my manual chair between driver & passenger seats for an easy transfer. The trouble I?m finding now is the new lifts are large and cumbersome. I?d like to find or create a lift made for a slim profile manual chair user.
    If I understand you correctly, you are saying that your seat modification effectively is the same as relocating the whole seat 5 inches further back. That is a brilliant idea, but it won't work for everyone. It might for me as I need space. Speaking of space, my 2016 Chevy full size van has a 6 speed transmission. I love what that does for performance, but it causes an awful problem inside as now there is a small transmission hump on the floor between the seats.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I read another issue with the Transit is the floor pan is an alloy that Ford won’t allow to be drilled. Nor Cal vans in Chico CA had a comment about it on their site.

can u post link. they do the driver mod correct??
    Quote Originally Posted by Stsmark View Post
    I read another issue with the Transit is the floor pan is an alloy that Ford won’t allow to be drilled. Nor Cal vans in Chico CA had a comment about it on their site.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com