Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for any options besides suicide

Looking for any options besides suicide

I'm 11years post paraplegic and I had been taking pain medication that not only helped my pain it helped me function and have a life! Now two months ago my doctors started cutting my meds.I can't function and I end up taking meds to get through the day then go through withdrals.absolutely horrible withdrals! If you don't have chronic pain and think about offing yourself every second please do not reply you do not know what severe chronic pain does to you.I've heard so many people say oh meditate or take crap like gabapentin,liyrica,cimbalta hipnotisim blablabla they don't have a clue.Allbyou need to do is search CDC regulations leading to vetran suicide and then tell them there pain wasn't real.It makes me mad as hell that our veterans are suffering! I'm probly going to get scolded orceven banded for posting this but If I can find a way to help myself I will make sure veterans that are still alive will have a chance at some sort of life in this no common courtesy jacked up world we live in.And if you are going through this I'm sorry and file a complaint with your medical board.I can't blame doctors but they know it's wrong to make patients suffer yet they would rather make a buck rather than have sympathy for a patient in pain! I'm madcas hell and persons responsible need punishments major fines and jail time!!! Please email me at turbrotoy@msn. com I don't give a rat's ass if your option to pain meds is leagle or not.,But nothing is if your not .
    "Independent from the rest of the sheep"

Don't know if I can but here's my cell# 6264879500 text please Thanks God bless!
    "Independent from the rest of the sheep"

I know the feeling it is impossible to ignore. ususally if youkeep doing there is soething gooud about everyday. I find riding in a car agrvating as hell and cant wait to get out and stretch. I wish it was easier it as been 18 yars of hell hang in there. I am scheduled for for a spinal cord stimulator and hope it helps I take a bunch of meds but I call thm ferry dust cause they bring no relief. I keep telling my self to be strong it just a day. sometimes it I usually move as much as I can because sitting still and laying down suck. I know its tough and life sucks as this shit annoys the f out you. hang in there something may change. it is day to day thing hope this helps and that's my two cents. be strng because being weaker thwn this shit doesn't work.

It's the very reason I'm invested in and promoting medical cannabis. There needs to be better, safer options that a doctor can prescribe without holding back.

My option is dying in my sleep, but that hasn't happened yet (to my great regret.) Consciousess is torture, any movement aggravates the sensations (especially moving my arms, which causes my shoulder blade stick and pop, and feel like they're ripping my back apart, beyond their normal sensation of of just sticking through my skin, and all the other extreme sensations I feel everywhere below my shoulders.) Simply riding over sidewalk spacers is excruciating, and riding over bumps in my van is worse, so I can tolerate going very far. It's been almost 37 years of getting worse, with the medical profession unable to find a damn thing to provide even a modicum of relief. I'm just starting looking into medical marijuana (the strains specifically for pain), as that's my last hope, but I must admit that I don't have a lot of confidence.

I admit that I am weaker than this shit, and always have been. Definitely worse than quadriplegia-I think my life would have been different without it, or even with it at a much lower intensity. I never would've been a super quad, or anything close to that, as I'm not that kind of personality (the can do everything type. Heck, not even the can-do type.) Before the central pain BS, I actually had high tolerance for pain.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Alan, look into CBD oil. I have never tried it but have heard good things.

If you really want it, you can always get methadone or buperenorphine. Insurance probably wont cover it and you might have to say you're addicted to heroin, but no one is going to say you're not allowed to have it if you say you're an addict and your piss looks correct (ie no other drugs of abuse, no opioid metabolites of drugs other than the ones you're prescribed).

Although the evidence suggests that for chronic pain opioids don't actually improve your overall level of pain in the long term (your body just adjust to a new equilibrium after a week or two and you now require that dose of medication to maintain your former level of pain). Withdrawing from opioids definitely makes the pain (and a whole lot more) worse than it was before you ever started opioids.

It's clear you've exhausted the other options for pain, but fighting with your doctors and going in and out of withdrawal seems like it can only make things worse. Maybe something new will come along in the future, there is a team working on a kappa-opioid agonist for pain which shouldn't have the pesky side effects of intoxication, physical dependence, respiratory depression and addiction, but it might be a ways out still. https://www.practicalpainmanagement....s-side-effects

I can't find the specific study I'm looking for that had some pretty pictures and charts, but this one https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25404530 demonstrates that 75% of people with chronic pain have no improvement in their pain with long term treatment with opioids. Of course if they come off of the pain pills, or even if they just metabolize them quicker than the average bear and end up going into periods of withdrawal their pain will be even worse than before they started the opioids.

I've tried all the opioids, methadone included (even had to deal with the beginnings of withdrawal, because I tapered off too slowly. I knew my taper had to be longer than with OxyContin and MS Contin because of the longer half-life of methadone, but my longer taper wasn't enough. So, I just continued to taper a few more weeks, and all was well.) They were useless, as was an epidural morphine injection.

Every other medication attempted was also useless, so the reject heap is large. Central Pain Syndrome > Medical and non-medical treatments, and me.
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Alan, look into CBD oil. I have never tried it but have heard good things.
    I just got some this week. Worth a try.

Thank you.
    Alan

Good luck.

You haven't tried lithium, have you?