Thread: Schwalbe Airless System

Schwalbe Airless System

These airless tire inserts by Schwalbe look promising. They are being introduced in Europe for ETRTO 40-622 28" tires and later should be coming out in more sizes, which hopefully will include 540s and 559s for wheelchairs.

"Brings an intuitive feel of an air pressure of around 3.5 bar making the driving characteristics comparable to those of an inner tube ... The technical advantages only cause a slight loss of performance, so the rolling resistance and the weight are slightly higher than for inner tubes."

I'm hoping to try them on an e-bike soon and will post back about them.

Schwalbe Takes Airless Tyres To Next Level: http://www.bike-eu.com/sales-trends/...level-10133030
    Last edited by elarson; 05-05-2018 at 05:59 AM.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Blog Entries
    Those seem cool. I'm actually most interested in their new tubeless wheelchair tires.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments