Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prevent elbows from sliding back on wheelchair armrests

Prevent elbows from sliding back on wheelchair armrests

I am trying to find something that will fill a 2 inch gap between the back of my elbow and the back of the armrest in order to prevent my arms from sliding back on the armrests. Does anyone have any suggestions? I?ve considered gel mousepads. I?m currently using wristbands to keep my forearms in place to prevent slippage. Thanks
    C3/C4. Complete

What kind of chair do you have? Arm troughs instead of armrests would normally be the solution for this.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

There are shallow arm troughs, but they are not doing the job.
    C3/C4. Complete

The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Invacare TDXSP
    C3/C4. Complete

This one is specifically made for Invacare power chairs:

http://www.invacare.com/cgi-bin/imhq...-L&catOID=null

(KLD)

I had these for my Permobil. Not sure if they'd work with Invacare.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The Permobil style is more in line with what I’m looking for. Do you know what those are called?
    C3/C4. Complete

Quote Originally Posted by Sfedor408 View Post
    The Permobil style is more in line with what I’m looking for. Do you know what those are called?
    Actually made by Stealth (bought out by Quantum), but Permobil carries them to customize chairs:

https://stealthproducts.com/p/5/

https://libertymobility.com/products...air-4-x-7-a789

Here are a pair for sale on eBay:
    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/302685023783...m=302685023783

(KLD)

I actually am selling mine as well. The listing expired, but let me know if you are interested. Mine are a bargain ($89 + shipping).