Thread: Invacare Storm Series 3G Torque?

Question Invacare Storm Series 3G Torque?

Can anyone tell me if this chair is silent? My current Arrow Storm grearless brushless is silent except for the autobrakes clicking which I hate.
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Bad news for me. If I want a seat elevator it pushes me too high & will make driving the minivan difficult. So get the Arrow without Seat Lift? So I'm back to testing other chairs. My dealer says a Quantum Rival should work. But I'm worried about the 36" base length. ugh
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

I had a 2001 Invacare Torque with the upgrade 4 pole motors and recently got a 2017 Invacare Torque with the upgrade 4 pole motors and there is definitely as much or more of a whine from the new chair as there was from the old chair. The only experience I have with a gearless brushless Invacare was when I tested one around 2005, I remember liking how silent it was and only didn't pursue getting one because my dog's leash got tangled between the wheel and motor and it was nearly impossible to get it out.

I run 5" casters so I can tuck my feet back further so I need to pop small wheelies to get over cords/hoses/thresholds and have had trouble getting the new chair dialed in to pop a wheelie from a dead stop. I'm not sure if it is an issue with the motors, MK6 electronics, or if I haven't quite dialed in the programming. The chair definitely has the torque to wheelie, just not from a dead stop.

Thanks, I'm still trying get that elevator. If I can't I will probably get another Invacare Storm Torque.