Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peristeen??

Quote Originally Posted by paraparajumper View Post
    Just buy an Irypump, it's better, more conducive to paras and quads, and more cost effective in the long run.
    This is an interesting device (https://vimeo.com/136707878). "Paraparajumper" gave the following information on another thread: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...igation-for-20

Quote Originally Posted by paraparajumper View Post
    It is not FDA approved and sold in the US. I did a lot of research, and I can guarantee you the site is legitimate. You need to think about it this way:

I just looked up Peristeen on various sites, the cheapest being a canadian website. I converted CA to USD and the Peristeen unit itself is $125 and the cost of 15 catheters is $215, for a total of $340. If I recall correctly, Peristeen literally recommends replacing the catheter every single time.

How many uses do you get out of each catheter Stephen?

Let's say you can somehow stretch it and get a week out of each catheter, that comes out to $745 a year for the catheters plus $125 for the Peristeen unit, for a year's total of $870. You're already above the cost of the IryPump on year one.

I purchased the IryPump for a little less than $650 through GoldPharma. It comes with one cone+tube set which will last 6 months if you care for it well. 3 additional sets from GoldPharma come out to $120, so for 2 years worth of irrigation the total is $770, still less than one year of Peristeen.

2 years of Peristeen will come out to $1,615 which is $845 more than the IryPump and we haven't even begun to talk about ease of use, balloons popping in your butt, having to hand pump the water yourself versus letting the IryPump do the work for you.

Do some research, but if this is coming out of pocket, I don't even see how anyone could make a legitimate argument for preferring to buy the Peristeen. I read the Peristeen thread here and on other forums and the amount of nonsense and waste of time I was reading about with those catheters made the decision a no-brainer for me. Too many parts, to much finicking around with the Peristeen. The IryPump is so simple and easy to use. Seriously.

The Irypump looks very interesting and if it had the balloon catheter I'd switch to it from Peristeen in a minute. However, paraparajumper's cost estimates for the Peristeen are way off based on my actual experience using one for a couple of years now. You can easily re-use a catheter for a month or more based on how much you inflate the balloon. I inflate using two pumps and that's more than sufficient to hold it in place and prevent leakage. I change the catheter every 4-6 weeks. I replace the bag/pump every 6 months. So the costs aren't that bad. I really like the Irypump, but I also need the inflatable catheter.

Which one is compatible with Alexa?

;P
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

I think the iry pump does offer the use of a balloon catheter. I may be wrong, but I could have sworn that someone on another support website commented that it came with the catheters. The cone is supposedly meant for people with colostomies but it works either way. I like the cone, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent K View Post
    I think the iry pump does offer the use of a balloon catheter. I may be wrong, but I could have sworn that someone on another support website commented that it came with the catheters. The cone is supposedly meant for people with colostomies but it works either way. I like the cone, myself.
    That would be a great find. I posted a question on their website a while back, but never received a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Which one is compatible with Alexa?

;P
    Just saw this. LMAO!