Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A few possibly cheap wheelchair vans...

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    $3K is a great purchase price. What will be the total once you're all done with repairs and upgrades? Just a good paint job would be $2K-4K.
    Paint job on those? Yeah right, lol.

I'd be very surprised if any of those go for 3K...they would be a steal! We'll see what they actually sell for the morning of the auction closing.

I got curious as it would only run me around 350 or so to have one delivered to my doorstep, so I put on the used car salesman plaid sport coat and conjured up a wholesale value...seems a shitbox such as those would be worth around $7K. Add in a lift...hey, I'd bet a mobility dealership would have those on their lot for $20K! Might be worth looking at these with under 100K on the clock and them being 3500 series...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Andy, you think like a used car dealer. I have bought and sold at least 50 cars and trucks in my lifetime, some were flips from crashes, harder to do that now with tracing. I don't like seeing all that rust, would not consider one with so much. look at the hood of the 2008. Also as I said a one ton does not seem like a not a bonus. Mine did not give a good ride until it was loaded down with at least a half cord of firewood. Adding a B&D seat will be 4K, they won't sell one to you, the swivels are only 250. Keep um as is and go into the taxi biz.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Mobility dealer probably would list it at $20K but not in that condition.

Shame that I'm not all that interested in a big van, and I don't want that parked anywhere around my house either. My old storage lot is gone due to a work relocation (I was thinking of putting an inflated gorilla on the roof of the old place, lol). Anyway, not sure I want to play in that game, too freaking big of a vehicle. It does have a bonus of being able to be plated as an RV or some such due to the windows, bypassing truck parking restrictions in some locales around here, making it a good contractor ride. I don't know, just doesn't interest me too much, but if someone actually needs to haul a power chair around...cheap!

You can wait until your shoulders are ruined, get a power chair, and then need a van. Or you can by a van, spare your shoulders, and not need a power chair.

I use a board and am real not-energetic with my car transfers, so not much damage using a car, lol

How about breaking down/assembling the chair and getting in/out from the passenger/back seat? That's taking a toll doing that several times per day.

Yeah, there's that. I know big difference in 2dr vs. 4dr using my winter car.

I would never tell someone who loves cars to stop driving a sports car. Might at well tell them to give up. That's not at all what I'm saying. I'm saying if you have the option to have both a sports car for fun and a van for utlity, then you should. Not everyone has that option. But I think you have that option.

They are asking $1.8K for this one and it's a Ford in better condition.

https://mohave.craigslist.org/cto/6565820752.html