Thread: New business/Giving back

New business/Giving back

I am sure this doesn?t fit here so feel free to move it if it?s not ok. I have started a food business on the farm and it?s doing pretty well and I am wanting to give back starting with the SCI community. With research manly. I have a website where you can order my products off of the internet. What I am thinking is having maybe a a sale for SCI month and giving the proceeds to a research organization. Or maybe having something on the website at checkout where they could write in their own amount. Not real sure what the best thing would be. Does anybody have any suggestions of what may be better? Anyone ever done anything like this before? Thanks!

I've done this before with breast cancer fundraisers and, at least for that effort, I had to get the target charity on board first so that the funding was truly targeting the 501 so that matching donations from employers could be accepted.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Dag! Not as easy as I was hoping then is it? Probably easier to just donate the money out of my own pocket then ain’t it Mize?

Quote Originally Posted by #LHB# View Post
    Dag! Not as easy as I was hoping then is it? Probably easier to just donate the money out of my own pocket then ain’t it Mize?
    You can do a donation from your company too. As long as you don't name the charity without their permission.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.