Thread: coachella!

coachella!

Hey guys, first post here after a while of lurking! Was wondering if anyone else here has ever been or has considered going? This was my third year going and my second year post SCI. Saw a lot more people in wheelchairs this year than the two previous. They have accessible viewing platforms at the stages which are a godsend at crowded sets so I can see above the crowd. I miss the days of being able to stand comfortably at 5'8" and still see the stage lol. If anyone has anymore questions i'm more than happy to answer them!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Half of The University of Arizona goes it seems! How's parking and bathrooms? Chargers for powerchairs? Are those platforms stable enough for a powerchair? Can you bring in a bag with supplies and a water bottle? Great pic!

Thanks! We usually camp onsite in the ADA camping section which is right outside the festival entrance but the accessible parking is also right by the entrance! Bathrooms are mostly portajohns but they also have permanent bathrooms if you know where to look. You can charge your power chairs at the access center, and the platforms are fairly large and very sturdy so they'll have no problem accommodating. You're allowed a backpack with whatever personal items but the water bottle must be empty upon entry. They have plenty of free water stations and they sell cold waters for $2 throughout the venue.