Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Testosterone

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Testosterone

    I'm going in for blood work May 16th to have my testosterone levels checked. I spoke to my dr about getting on test the other day and she said at my age (41) and a spinal cord injury it maybe low. Anyone here on test?
    John-B

  2. #2
    very common. most sci men are very low
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    very common. most sci men are very low
    There is a higher prevalence of a number of disease processes in chronic SCI. Here is a study that refers to it a "accelerated aging". Sad but true. In addition to lower testosterone levels, there are also higher incidence of diabetes, cardiac conditions and more. Paralysis is the gift that keeps on giving!

    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27871967

    I was tested, my T was very low, and I have been on replacement therapy (TRT) using a daily topical gel for more than 5 years. It helps my mood, sexual function (wood) and I was able to add noticeable muscle mass (I lift, so I'm not certain the result if I didn't weight train).

    I did tons of research and its benefits clearly outweigh the risks (at least for the vast majority of men). Don't let the stroke, blood clots, prostate cancer, etc. claims scare you away. TRT is safe, effective, and has made a big impact on my life.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by quadfather View Post
    There is a higher prevalence of a number of disease processes in chronic SCI. Here is a study that refers to it a "accelerated aging". Sad but true. In addition to lower testosterone levels, there are also higher incidence of diabetes, cardiac conditions and more. Paralysis is the gift that keeps on giving!

    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27871967

    I was tested, my T was very low, and I have been on replacement therapy (TRT) using a daily topical gel for more than 5 years. It helps my mood, sexual function (wood) and I was able to add noticeable muscle mass (I lift, so I'm not certain the result if I didn't weight train).

    I did tons of research and its benefits clearly outweigh the risks (at least for the vast majority of men). Don't let the stroke, blood clots, prostate cancer, etc. claims scare you away. TRT is safe, effective, and has made a big impact on my life.
    agreed, it is worth it for me. been doing trt for many years, injections every 2 weeks. my doc keeps me on the high side.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

  5. #5
    Low testosterone can also cause osteoporosis.

    Very relevant to folks here.

  6. #6
    I am leaving this up to the true experts. I can only add that all that has been posted is correct.

    ckf
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

  7. #7
    There are a lot of ways to increase your testosterone naturally by adding certain foods and supplements to your diet or remove some and a few habit changes. And it works.
    Tons of educational videos on YouTube about this

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Baldwinsville, N.Y.
    Posts
    650
    I have been taking shots for over 8 years. Best choice I ever made. T-10 complete 55 years old. I feel the best when my levels are around 800. It increased my immune system, stronger bones, increase stamina and strength, loss of body fat and no side effects. If your levels are low, I would highly recommend.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMonte View Post
    I have been taking shots for over 8 years. Best choice I ever made. T-10 complete 55 years old. I feel the best when my levels are around 800. It increased my immune system, stronger bones, increase stamina and strength, loss of body fat and no side effects. If your levels are low, I would highly recommend.
    have you tried the pellets yet? testopel i believe. they are time released and put in under the skin. good for 3 mths. i dont mind the shots but would like to try these.

    same as joe, my levels are kept around 800.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    have you tried the pellets yet? testopel i believe. they are time released and put in under the skin. good for 3 mths. i dont mind the shots but would like to try these.

    same as joe, my levels are kept around 800.
    Been doing TRT about 6 years now, started out with Testopel and didn't like it. You get a stitch every time they implant the pellets and you have no control over tailoring the dosage. Also, a couple of times had and inflamed sore area where they implanted.

    I do test cyp, injecting subcutaneously, like it much better than IM. Less conversion to estradiol doing subcutaneous. Ideally you should be breaking up your dose into 2 injections per week. I also use hcg and arimidex, found that regimen works best for me.

Similar Threads

  1. Testosterone
    By dewie27 in forum Life
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-25-2016, 09:54 AM
  2. Testosterone Gel
    By 490 in forum Care
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-14-2012, 11:07 AM
  3. HGH and Testosterone
    By Chaz19 in forum Exercise & Recovery
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 05-31-2012, 06:35 PM
  4. HGH & testosterone
    By Varian in forum Cure
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-04-2004, 11:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •