Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tyre Recommendation please

tyre Recommendation please

Lightweight and durable what do you like?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    from south korea
    i'm a good man

Blog Entries
    Schwalbe Right-runs are my favorite balance between light and durable. They have lighter (Speed-run), and longer lasting (Marathon Pro), but the Right-runs are the sweet spot IMO.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

I've always gone with Marathons for reliability or Primos for weight. The only reason I want them light is for putting them into the car. Other than that, just curious why would you need them to be light for general use?

By the way, Out-Front Shadow wheels (standard wheel for TiLite) plus Primos tires are the lightest combination I have used. There may be lighter out there, but probably much more expensive and not much lighter. I wouldn't call the Primos durable. They puncture easily, especially when they get old. They age quickly (6 months). Marathons last for several years. They just keep going and going even when the tread is completely gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    Schwalbe Right-runs are my favorite balance between light and durable. They have lighter (Speed-run), and longer lasting (Marathon Pro), but the Right-runs are the sweet spot IMO.
    What color are your Right Runs? I don't recall ever seeing them in black and that's turned off to try it.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappler View Post
    What color are your Right Runs? I don't recall ever seeing them in black and that's turned off to try it.
    Black side wall and black anti puncture strip with grey tread. They look black and grey striped.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    i like rightrun, but color all black to have none.
    from south korea
    i'm a good man

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    I've always gone with Marathons for reliability or Primos for weight. The only reason I want them light is for putting them into the car. Other than that, just curious why would you need them to be light for general use?
    i like Marathons, but heavy....
    from south korea
    i'm a good man

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    By the way, Out-Front Shadow wheels (standard wheel for TiLite) plus Primos tires are the lightest combination I have used. There may be lighter out there, but probably much more expensive and not much lighter. I wouldn't call the Primos durable. They puncture easily, especially when they get old. They age quickly (6 months). Marathons last for several years. They just keep going and going even when the tread is completely gone.
    yes, Primos Durability It's not good.
    from south korea
    i'm a good man

Quote Originally Posted by Crappler View Post
    i like right run, but all black to have none
    from south korea
    i'm a good man