Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prevent elbows from sliding back on wheelchair armrests

Will the Stealth pads work with an Invacare chair?
    C3/C4. Complete

The one thing I didn’t like about using the Stealth pads is that they increased the width of the chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfedor408 View Post
    Will the Stealth pads work with an Invacare chair?
    Should do - it depends what attachment option is used. Stealth pads designed for invacare probably won't. Do you want to put a photo of your armrest (particularly underside) up and someone might be able to help you work out which bits you need? re. width - I've had these on a previous chair and it really depends how they are mounted - if there is space to mount them more inwards, they don't need to add to width.

Here are some pictures of my chair armrest. You?ll notice how close the armrest is to the chair back, unfortunately, this can?t be moved.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    C3/C4. Complete

I can't quite make sense of the picture - is that a lateral pad swung out the way, with the red button? Anyway, I think because of the position of your backrest/armrest it will almost certainly add a bit of width to your chair, but assuming your arm isn't as thin as that armrest, not much! Is there a tube underneath the armrest? If so, I would have thought the ARMS-ES would fit.

Quote Originally Posted by EmilyL View Post
    I can't quite make sense of the picture - is that a lateral pad swung out the way, with the red button? Anyway, I think because of the position of your backrest/armrest it will almost certainly add a bit of width to your chair, but assuming your arm isn't as thin as that armrest, not much! Is there a tube underneath the armrest? If so, I would have thought the ARMS-ES would fit.
    Yes, that is a side lateral. Not sure if that is going to prohibit any type of elbows stop. I will have to check out the ARM-ES as I?m not familiar with that.
    C3/C4. Complete

Quote Originally Posted by Sfedor408 View Post
    Yes, that is a side lateral. Not sure if that is going to prohibit any type of elbows stop. I will have to check out the ARM-ES as I?m not familiar with that.
    ARMS-ES is just one of the ways of mounting the Stealth elbow stop.