Thread: Looking for advice/experience with vibration plates below a standing frame.

Looking for advice/experience with vibration plates below a standing frame.

Not sure if this should be in the exercise forum or here.

Despite the mixed research, I'm interested in trying to build a standing frame/vibration plate setup and try it out for a while.

I have an easy stand 5000 that I bought of craigslist years ago and was thinking of removing the foot plates and raising it up a bit to stand over a vibration plate.

I've been combing through the literature and available plate options and am finding myself overwhelmed. Galileo seems to be closest to what I think would work best, however, the price tag seems to be around $6000-$7500 for their entry level now. (S25 or M25) Which is way more than I can put towards this project.

I like the idea of an osculating plate as I'm worried about damage to my vertebrate from exposure to a purely vertical motion machine. (Not to mention the the general discomfort people report.) Otherwise I'd look more at things like "Vibeplate."

I've also seen the "Hypervibe" (G10 & G14) advertised with good specs, but and worried about the quality.

Has anybody had experience with different plates they might recommend/avoid or building a whole setup and can offer some advice?

Thanks!

M

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Just saying you're not alone and I too am trying to figure the best way to try an incorporate a vibrating plate into a standing frame.
    I'm in the purely thinking stage at this point.
    Initially I was thinking of trying to build two small vibrating plates to fit into the 2 foot wells of the standing frame.

After reading what you said.. I think a better option for me at least would be to build a quick release mechanism for the foot plate footwells currently on my stander so they could be removed, and then one vibrating plate could be place approximately where the foot wells were.
    Then just transfer as normal but with the feet now on the vibrating plate.

What are the different type of vibrations you are seeing the plates are built around? what are the advantages disadvantage of each etc. are there just 2? vertical and oscillating?
    $$$ between the 2?
    Where did you find folks reporting discomfort from the purely vertical machine?

I just bought a vibration plate of sorts (the athletic kind for able-bodied folks) that I plan to tear apart and rig onto my standing frame.
    It's a cheap one at about $200-250 called RS3DP // Vibration Fitness Machine.
    I'll keep everyone posted.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

There seem to be ones that push the whole plate up and down while keeping the horizontal plane exactly parallel with the floor and ones that push ones side up while the other goes down creating a kind of seesaw motion. (There is also ones that vibrate horizontally or in combination, but that doesn't interest me.)

I was surfing around looking for articles on the benefits of different types of motion and found a wikipedia reference that pointed to study review on lower back pain of farmers exposed to whole body vibration (typically through work machinery). After chatting a little about this with my physiatrist she told me several anecdotal examples of some of her patients having issues with fork lifts and issues they faced. She really preferred that I look into the oscillating version as the idea is that while still receiving a fair amount of force and amplitude, less of that would be translated to compression in the spine. I have a partially fused spine and rods in my back that already mean other parts of my back take greater than usual stress.

Also, additionally, many more of the complaints I've read on reviews of random fitness products that do the up and down motion are about the experience of your head going up and down as well. Headaches... nausea... trouble focussing...

Having said all that, I haven't fully ruled it out, just that it doesn't seem like the best option to try first.

Galileo seems to be a bit of the flagship of oscillating plates. They have one US distributor that they link to, who I called and spoke with. Aside from pricing, they seemed to really care about the product and wanted to support medical use and research justification, however, I wasn't convinced that they weren't just trying to sell me their perspective and interest on things. If you check out the US distributors website, they do publish many favorable to Galileo studies on their site: https://stimdesigns.com.

A lot of more fitness oriented (and a little over the top for me) websites seemed to compare the Hypervibe to the Galileo, but they definitely want to sell you their product regardless. The specs do seem comparable and the reviews (what few I've seen) aren't terrible... but beyond that I don't know. The cost seems better comparably: https://www.hypervibe.com .

I know other folks have looked into Vibeplate (https://vibeplate.com), which is in the same price range as the Hypervibe and also puts on a small air of medical value (and also disclaims that their statements are evaluated by the FDA.) The plate is not oscillating, but looks extremely solid. I like that they build really large plates(think equine). I imagine that you might even be able to put your whole standing frame on a plate if you felt like it. (although cost and the loss of acceleration due to weight might be silly.)

Then, of course, there are a whole bunch of ones that you can buy on eBay with similar design... honestly, I'm not opposed to that if they worked for a year and actually achieved similar frequency and amplitude... but I don't know how to verify that and if it doesn't, there's probably no recourse.

m

Thanks for the followup guys.

Another concern with plates that the StimDesigns rep brought up to me was to be careful about points of contact while vibrating. She warned about a danger of the friction causing skin breakdown/blisters... :-/

If you have figured the prices of these units would you please share.. thanks

https://www.bulletproof.com/whole-body-vibration-plate $1300 used.

BIO QUAKE x550 - $220 - http://www.sears.com/axis-plate-dual...FVeKfgodqwAHGw

ZAAZ - $$1750 used -
    https://zaazmovement.com/

Last edited by NW-Will; 04-27-2018 at 04:42 PM.

Saw a used one for $700!

Dr. Fuji FJ-700 $ 2400 on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Fuji-Body-.../dp/B016Y260HO

Can't find any useful information about it !! http://cyberbodyslimmer.homestead.com/Products.html

No where do they tell you what kind of vibrations etc..

Looks like oscillating..

Vivo Wellness.. doesn't look like they do standalone plate vibrator, but they do post their specification at least
    Again $2000 on Amazon.
    http://vivowellness.com/products/vivo-vibe-260/

VIVO VIBE 260: SPECIFICATIONS

Model NameVIVO Vibe 260 Personal
    VibrationTypeOscillating (seesaw)
    Amplitude0-10 mm (rise and fall of platformat edges)
    ColorSilver/Red/Black
    Time1 to 10 minutes Increments of 1minute
    Speed1 Hz to 17 Hz, Increments of 1 Hz
    ModeManual | Auto (5 programs)
    Control PanelDigital Display
    Load CapacityMax 250 lbs.
    Power1 HP, 120 Volts 50-60 Hz
    DimensionsPlatform: 14″ W x22″ L
    Assembled:22″ W x31″ L x 49″ H
    PackedBox #1: 26″ W x40″ L x 13″ H
    WeightNet: 92 lbs., Gross 99 lbs.
    UPC45635714519

The ZAAZ doesn't come as a plate.. shame as I guess they sell through costco so quite a few used ones out there for under a $1000.