Thread: Quad-exercise equipment ?

Quad-exercise equipment ?

Does anyone know what a good piece of exercise equipment is for a quad (c4-c5) ? I've been using the TAI FES bike at home for years. its been great but the shorts are getting harder to keep repaired and they don't have any replacements. Any recommendations? It's for home use.

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by JDun333 View Post
    Does anyone know what a good piece of exercise equipment is for a quad (c4-c5) ? I've been using the TAI FES bike at home for years. its been great but the shorts are getting harder to keep repaired and they don't have any replacements. Any recommendations? It's for home use.

thank you
    look at the
    uppertone gym
    vitaglide
    concept2 skierg

i have all of these and use daily. all great. super quad friendly
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Thank you Fuentejps,

I checked out the equipment you mentioned and I'm looking for something for your legs. These are all upper body. At present I don't have any movement from the neck down. Anyone have any recommendations?

Have you thought about getting a new FES bike? We (MYOLYN) are having a sale on our FES bike (the MyoCycle) through the end of April, and it's reasonably affordable.

There aren't many other options available for exercising your legs, especially for a quad. Something like an EasyStand Glider might be another good option for you, but it won't activate your muscles like your FES bike will.

gotcha. my bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by JDun333 View Post
    Thank you Fuentejps,

I checked out the equipment you mentioned and I'm looking for something for your legs. These are all upper body. At present I don't have any movement from the neck down. Anyone have any recommendations?
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Thanks to you both. Matt, I have submitted a request for more info through your site.

I love my cable machine, but when I don't have access to it, I use resistance band loops. Found a pack on amazon for $10 and use them everyday for shoulders, back, and arms