Thread: Amazon echo/Alexa calling

Blog Entries

Amazon echo/Alexa calling

Can anyone help me set up phone calling with my echo? I see from the other thread that people do it, but I don't want to hijack that.

I don?t want to mess with contacts, just be able to dictate a phone number. When I try to do that, she tells me I need to register. I believe I am supposed to do that through the communications tab. I go to Alexa.amazon.com but I don?t see how to find that.

She does it over wifi, not using your phone, correct?

The communications tab only appears in the Alexa app on your smart phone, not on Alexa.Amazon.com.

Yes, calls will be over Wi-Fi, but the caller ID will be your smartphone. This works great for outbound calls.

If you have a regular landline, or a voip landline you can add a $35 box from Amazon called the Echo
    Connect, and have a complete inbound and outbound hands-free set up. I have done that and it works great!
    Last edited by WheelDon; 04-25-2018 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WheelDon View Post
    The communications tab only appears in the Alexa app on your smart phone, not on Alexa.Amazon.com.

Yes, calls will be over Wi-Fi, but the caller ID will be your smartphone. This works great for outbound calls.

If you have a regular landline, or a voip landline you can add a $35 box from Amazon called the Amazon Connect, and have a complete inbound and outbound hands-free set up. I have done that and it works great!
    if you order the Amazon connect, does the one box only work on one phone? For instance if I have a telephone in my bedroom and computer room, could you use the Amazon connect on both?

Quote Originally Posted by shamrock88 View Post
    if you order the Amazon connect, does the one box only work on one phone? For instance if I have a telephone in my bedroom and computer room, could you use the Amazon connect on both?
    Yes, you will be able to make calls and receive calls from any echo product in your home. (I made a mistake, the unit is called the Amazon Echo Connect, or just Echo Connect. The Amazon Connect is some unrelated cloud service.)