Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Masters tournament

Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    I believe it. This is their big event of the year. We stayed at the Gale for 3 nights in April for around $600. In February for SOBE for 3 nights it was $1500. We out smarted them for next year. They were running a 35% off special so we checked the dates for next years SOBE and we were able to get 4 nights for $1200. I couldn't book the room fast enough.
    That's great. I'm thinking strongly about just staying in an Atlanta suburb, and just leaving very early in the morning the day of (2+ hour drive), and back in the evening. While not very convenient, it would likely save $2500 in hotel costs.

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    That's great. I'm thinking strongly about just staying in an Atlanta suburb, and just leaving very early in the morning the day of (2+ hour drive), and back in the evening. While not very convenient, it would likely save $2500 in hotel costs.
    That's a tough decision. A lot of traveling back and forth each day. Is there anything closer on the outskirts?

I would only be attending for the Monday practice round. I did reach out to the Hyatt Place in Augusta, and they took the time to not only measure the space under the bed, but also space next to the bed. That is service I truly appreciate (unlike my other post), and makes me consider paying the extra to reward them for their consideration.

I would only be attending for the Monday practice round. I did reach out to the Hyatt Place in Augusta, and they took the time to not only measure the space under the bed, but also space next to the bed. That is service I truly appreciate (unlike my other post), and makes me consider paying the extra to reward them for their consideration.
    That's cool! I wish all hotels would do that. Our motto is if it's a once in a lifetime type thing go for it.

Just out of curiosity I looked up hotel rates for the Hyatt Place for the upcoming Masters. I initially put in Sunday through Tuesday, at which it said unavailable. I added an extra day (leaving Wednesday), and the average per night was $1000+.
    That's crazy. I was able to make our reservations just a few weeks before the tournament. Maybe because it was a new hotel and everyone made reservations earlier?
    Chuck Norris doesn't go hunting because the term hunting implies a chance of failure. Chuck Norris goes killing.

Quote Originally Posted by grizz08 View Post
    That's crazy. I was able to make our reservations just a few weeks before the tournament. Maybe because it was a new hotel and everyone made reservations earlier?
    Probably so.

So I'm all booked, will be attending Monday's practice round! We will be taking the train from Philadelphia to North Charleston, then renting a van to drive to/from Augusta!

So I'm all booked, will be attending Monday's practice round! We will be taking the train from Philadelphia to North Charleston, then renting a van to drive to/from Augusta!
    Booked a room at The Hyatt Place Augusta.

Booked a room at The Hyatt Place Augusta.
    Awesome! Did the hotel confirm that the bed would work with your lift?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    Awesome! Did the hotel confirm that the bed would work with your lift?
    Yes, they did!