Thread: Lowest base for power chair

Lowest base for power chair

So my permobil rep told me 17 1/2 " was lowest the base goes for M3 any other options in power chair that would be lower

Power chairs with the lowest seat to floor height from a mainstream manufacturer that I know of are the Quickie QM series and the AmySystems. Tilt, recline and seat elevate can usually add inches to seat base height.

Seat to floor height can make or break your lifestyle. I have a Permobil F3, which supposedly has a 17.5 inch seat to floor height. In reality, however, it's more like 18.25 - 18.5.

I had enough of a problem driving in my C300 and my Honda Odyssey. Adding on another inch has made driving, even more difficult.

The AmySystem chairs can get as low as 15.5" and the Quickie's can get down around 16.25", but there may be compromises to get that low. Like with the Amy, you have to use their smaller diameter drive wheels (the standard wheels give you a 16.25" STFH), which means lower ground clearance and slightly lower top end speed. Also, you have to make sure your footrest plates will have proper clearance, given your leg measurements. Just a single option (tilt or lift) won't add to the height, but a combo of power options add 2" to the Amy. Adding power options won't add more than 1" on the Quickie.
    C-6/7 incomplete

Thanks for the info it always comes down to trade-offs I will look into quickie ..

Quote Originally Posted by Kulea View Post
    The AmySystem chairs can get as low as 15.5" and the Quickie's can get down around 16.25", but there may be compromises to get that low. Like with the Amy, you have to use their smaller diameter drive wheels (the standard wheels give you a 16.25" STFH), which means lower ground clearance and slightly lower top end speed. Also, you have to make sure your footrest plates will have proper clearance, given your leg measurements. Just a single option (tilt or lift) won't add to the height, but a combo of power options add 2" to the Amy. Adding power options won't add more than 1" on the Quickie.

How close is your head to roof of Honda and is sightline the main problem?

Quote Originally Posted by crags View Post
    Seat to floor height can make or break your lifestyle. I have a Permobil F3, which supposedly has a 17.5 inch seat to floor height. In reality, however, it's more like 18.25 - 18.5.

I had enough of a problem driving in my C300 and my Honda Odyssey. Adding on another inch has made driving, even more difficult.