Thread: Bluetooth Wifi Bookshelf Speakers

Bluetooth Wifi Bookshelf Speakers

I plan on buying Bluetooth Wifi Bookshelf Speakers. Does anyone know if I will be able to use my laptop volume control.
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

Yes, pretty much all speakers have their own volume, which you can just set to max, and then you can adjust the volume slider on your laptop.

Look at sonos,so much better. We had bose buetooth units and switched to sonos in every room. Get sonos one with alexa. Works great.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    Look at sonos,so much better. We had bose buetooth units and switched to sonos in every room. Get sonos one with alexa. Works great.
    I've decided on the Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers. The last speaker I bought? Mission 731, 21 years ago.
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by tvot View Post
    I plan on buying Bluetooth Wifi Bookshelf Speakers. Does anyone know if I will be able to use my laptop volume control.
    The simple is yes you can do it. But sound quality will vary from recording to recording and system to system. The laptop tends to be weakest link in most systems so you want to avoid turning it down too much. Because the lower you reduce your laptop volume control, the less resolution you will be sending to you speakers. Your speakers can never recover what you have already lost at the laptop. I would turn up the laptop volume control to full volume then adjust the speaker volume control to the level you would normally listen. That way you will get full resolution out of your laptop most of the time. Even when you turn down the volume at the laptop, you will be turning it down less than if you had your speaker set to full volume.
    Last edited by August West; 04-21-2018 at 08:24 PM.

Audio geeks who like to brag about the power of their system don't really get it. They don't realize that all volume controls degrade music, even expensive ones. So if you're always listening with your volume control set to 2 out of 10, you've lost sound quality and paid unnecessarily for the extra power you'll never use. For best sound quality, set the volume control to 10. In order to do that, your system should be under-sized not over-sized.

That's why you see people in the know with 30 Watt systems and people who don't know with 1000 Watt systems.