Thread: Pressure Relief Reminder

Pressure Relief Reminder

I want a simple device like "Fit bit" to remind me to relieve pressure every 15 minutes. Simple. Cheap. Reliable. Rechargeable. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Ideally, you would want something that would only alarm if you didn't do a weight shift earlier than 10-15 minutes. There was a device on the market about 10 years ago, but I guess they didn't sell well enough and the company went out of business.

Just recently New Mobility had an article mentioning this new device. Can't vouch for it as I have never seen it in use, but it might be worth exploring: http://www.pressureassistant.com/

Some people just set an alarm on their smart phone or digital watch to remind them, but it is easy to learn to ignore the alarm since it doesn't reset when you do a weight shift. You can also do this with a computer so you don't forget while surfing the net or writing e-mails.

If you watch much network TV, you can plan to do a weight shift whenever a commercial comes on the air.

There are some timers designed for people with ADD/ADHD which might work for you. Google "behavioral reminder alarm" for a a wide selection.

(KLD)
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 04-19-2018 at 07:43 PM.
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Thanks KLD but that looks pretty sophisticated and expensive. There's nothing simpler and cheaper out there?

https://www.amazon.com/Taylor-Precis...+digital+timer

Plenty of these guys in different variations on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0768814YS...&pd_rd_w=O6RVz

There are large packs fairly cheap that could be kept in different locations in case you forget one.

There are several sports watches that have recurring timer or vibration functions that do this. We got one for my Dad. But he has some hearing loss and the alarm can be hard to hear. You also quickly learn to ignore it, if you know what I mean. But it can work in theory. And a lot of these watches are fairly inexpensive.

I downloaded the app 'ChimeO'Clock' by Ratatapp on my iphone and set it to say the time every 15 minutes (it acts like a notification on iphone). Free. Every time you hear it say the time, you do a pressure relief. But it looks like they haven't updated the app recently (no iOS11 support).

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyFan View Post
    I downloaded the app 'ChimeO'Clock' by Ratatapp on my iphone and set it to say the time every 15 minutes (it acts like a notification on iphone). Free. Every time you hear it say the time, you do a pressure relief. But it looks like they haven't updated the app recently (no iOS11 support).
    Hockyfan, I wear a wristband on my right wrist for my Smart Drive. I don't really want another one for my left wrist. so that 'ChimeO'Clock' sounds good. I have an iPhone already, the app is free.......but since it hasn't been updated lately...does it still work? Thanks.

I've used a free water drink reminder for this purpose. It worked well.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey View Post
    Hockyfan, I wear a wristband on my right wrist for my Smart Drive. I don't really want another one for my left wrist. so that 'ChimeO'Clock' sounds good. I have an iPhone already, the app is free.......but since it hasn't been updated lately...does it still work? Thanks.
    I found another one that seems similar called 'TalkingClock'. It's 99 cents, so not a lot of downside to trying it out. It tells the time at set intervals, and you can set the intervals (e.g. 15 minutes). There were a number of similar sounding apps when I searched, but this was the only one I could find that would handle 15 minute intervals.