Thread: Too large space between backrest and seat of Permobi F3

Too large space between backrest and seat of Permobi F3

I have discomfort from the large space between backrest bottom and seat surface. The distance of the gap measures 5.5 inch, which I show you with a picture I attached below.

Because of the wide gap, my hip cannot get the support from backrest. To use a high profile ROHO cushion, I think, does not fit for me since it makes height-from-floor too high not to enter under the table. So I want to use a low profile ROHO.
    I, of course, found the backrest-lower-plate is sliding down when backrest reclines backwards.

Is there a solution to solve this uncomfortable situation?
    Is there no way I could get hip support from backrest with lowering the backrest bottom line?

Where is part of service manual for me to get help?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by ie-woo View Post
    I have discomfort from the large space between backrest bottom and seat surface. The distance of the gap measures 5.5 inch, which I show you with a picture I attached below.

Because of the wide gap, my hip cannot get the support from backrest. To use a high profile ROHO cushion, I think, does not fit for me since it makes height-from-floor too high not to enter under the table. So I want to use a low profile ROHO.
    I, of course, found the backrest-lower-plate is sliding down when backrest reclines backwards.

Is there a solution to solve this uncomfortable situation?
    Is there no way I could get hip support from backrest with lowering the backrest bottom line?

Where is part of service manual for me to get help?

Is the chair new? Have you talked to Permobil rep or DME to adjust it?

This is a gift from a kind one whose husband have used a little. I have sent a inquiry to Permobil Support, but not answered yet.
    Thank you.

Loosen this screw then re-tighten once lowered to the desired distance.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

For exactly the same reason I use an aftermarket backrest - I couldn't find a way to fix this with the standard permobil backrest.

Quote Originally Posted by ie-woo View Post
    This is a gift from a kind one whose husband have used a little. I have sent a inquiry to Permobil Support, but not answered yet.
    Thank you.
    In the future dont send an inquiry...call tech support its much faster!!

Customer Care: 800-736-0925