Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: speeding up bowel transit time

Miralax is easy, doesn't interact with your meds, and you can titrate what you need up/down every day based on how things are going. My Dad's GI who is an expert in neurogenic bowel recommended it.

But after a colonoscopy, that is pretty normal. My Dad probably took about 1 week before things were more normal, and probably nothing for at least 3-4 days. There is no need to take any Miralax now. You are learning how slow neurogenic bowel can be.

Yes, yesterday his urologist pointed to his belly and said.... "a little weight gain..?" But no. That's how my Dad's belly looks some days, based on how much stool/gas he is holding on to. We took a picture of his flat belly on the day of his colonoscopy so we know it isn't swollen with fat.

Call me vain but I'd prefer to avoid "stool belly" if at all possible. If you're saying things speed up and get back to a 24-48 hour Transit time then, sure, I'll wait.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

yep, poop belly. i can literally drop 2+ lbs with a bm. ive weighed several times b4 then later went and re weighed.........
    Quote Originally Posted by hlh View Post
    Miralax is easy, doesn't interact with your meds, and you can titrate what you need up/down every day based on how things are going. My Dad's GI who is an expert in neurogenic bowel recommended it.

But after a colonoscopy, that is pretty normal. My Dad probably took about 1 week before things were more normal, and probably nothing for at least 3-4 days. There is no need to take any Miralax now. You are learning how slow neurogenic bowel can be.

Yes, yesterday his urologist pointed to his belly and said.... "a little weight gain..?" But no. That's how my Dad's belly looks some days, based on how much stool/gas he is holding on to. We took a picture of his flat belly on the day of his colonoscopy so we know it isn't swollen with fat.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer