Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a compact folding wheelchair

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    What doesnt fit you about an Icon? I have trouble with the non-adjustable, or user configurable at manufacture, footrest width and depth. Again. (Same with the Marvel M1).
    Im too tall for the chair; I’m 6’3 with long legs. I’d love to have an Icon but it’s too small for me.
    Never Give Up!

Quote Originally Posted by baldfatdad View Post
    I measured my 35 year old Quickie HP its 11 1/4 inch folded. 6 inches wide with the wheels off. The widest part is the caster housings.
    I measure my girl friends Aero x and it was 11. I said hers was smallish because the back folds down, which makes it no taller than the wheels.
    I started using a folder, because of a rigid. That screwing around taking the wheels off and putting them back on, in the rain, cold. Beating the hell out of the inside of the door. No thanks. I less than a minute, I can snatch the chair in the car and be gone. If someone made a cushion that would fold with the chair it would be even quicker.
    When the OP asked about chair size I took into consideration all the measurements. Height, width, length.
    What rigid do you have. Most of the new rigid's have the caster sticking out 3-4 inches.
    I remember a thread years back that was titled "Cleaning your chair with your T-shirt" about the joys of hauling a rigid frame in your car.
    Ok, this makes a lot more sense to me. I figured 12 inches was way too wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    What doesnt fit you about an Icon? I have trouble with the non-adjustable, or user configurable at manufacture, footrest width and depth. Again. (Same with the Marvel M1).
    My legs are too long for the footrest. I can't put my legs back far enough to fit in an Icon properly.
    Never Give Up!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAbleChef View Post
    My legs are too long for the footrest. I can't put my legs back far enough to fit in an Icon properly.
    Yep, me too. I had to make a custom footrest that sticks out a little farther.
    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Western Australia - Hammer wielding daemon

Proactiv Traveler HD

Have you considered a Quickie Xenon? They fold normally and also at the canes.