Thread: Urine Test Strips?

Question Urine Test Strips?

I've been using at home dipsticks for diagnostic measures for some time now.

What I'm wondering is if I look at the results five minutes later instead of the 120 seconds recommended if the results are still accurate.

Probably, but why does it matter?

I don't think there's any useful information to be gleaned from a home test kit (assuming you're testing for infection, not pregnancy or drugs).

For example, if I test my piss right now, I'm 80% positive that it will be suggestive of a UTI (as many of us on this forum are, I know I'm colonized with bacteria all the time). If I'm not symptomatic (fever, chills, etc) then there's no point, whether or not there are bacteria in my urine I'm going to go about my life like normal. If I AM symptomatic I'm going to go to a doctor who won't care one little bit what my home test said and he's going to do his own UA and Culture and prescribe me some antibiotics.

No.
    Cwo
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Western Australia - Hammer wielding daemon
    They work less than 50% of the time which is the definition of useless. The UK NHS likes to rely on useless tests. Many UTIs go untreated because of these useless tests.