Thread: Insanely High Muscle Tone

Insanely High Muscle Tone

My injury is at the C6-7 level. Three years ago, my left leg fell off of a wheelchair foot support when I was tilted back. I'm not sure what happened inside, but my torso area between my ribs and hips has been pulling to the left side ever since. It's gotten so bad that even my hair on the left side is going left on the back of my head. My fingernails are curving over the ends of my fingers when they grow and my eyes get itchy when I wake up and start to move.

I can't bend forward to stretch this anymore as my left side is constantly pulled out. I've got a binder on, and it is just cutting into my right side. I usually take it off after a while, since it is jammed in about 5 inches and bothering me.

I've got a baclofen pump, but it doesn't seem to help this. It just pulls and pulls and pulls and pulls and pulls.

Two weeks ago, I tried having my doctor put Botox in. It helped one small area.

This has taken over my life. I sit here all day trying to stretch it out and do pressure releases. If I try to stretch it out, it just fights back with a vengeance. The right side area is starting to curve in.

Could this be due to a digestive problem? I have regular bowel movements, but when I eat, I tighten up worse for a half hour to hour.

Are there any medications (painkillers, muscle relaxers) that I could take that would relax the area and not make me dizzy?

Also, something new has started within the past few weeks.. After a shower, when my left leg is dried off near the thigh, it throws me into a back extension. That's from just touching the skin.

Blog Entries
    what do you mean your left side is constantly pulled out?

I recommend topical application of lidocaine 5% ointment can apply two to three times a day or a lidocaine patch 5% that you can apply for 12 hours and then take off for 12 hours.

Or Voltaren gel apply topically to area two to three times a day

I’m not sure what happened to you and I feel bad that this is taking over your life.

pbr
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.