Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Leaking around my sp stoma

Ok I am still battling this uti. Here is my C&S. The NP wants to put me on Meropenem. That won't work on both.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Looks like two bacteria are back. Both are greater than 100,000. The only symptoms I have is a strong urine smell. No leaking around the sp. Dr. wants to hold off on antibiotics. She doesn't want me to build up a resistance to the antibiotics. So we will see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    Looks like two bacteria are back. Both are greater than 100,000. The only symptoms I have is a strong urine smell. No leaking around the sp. Dr. wants to hold off on antibiotics. She doesn't want me to build up a resistance to the antibiotics. So we will see what happens.
    Try to get an uncontaminated specimen by changing the supra pubic catheter before collecting the specimen. Remove the catheter that has been in your bladder, replace with a new sterile catheter, plug the catheter and drink a large glass of water. Wait a long enough period of time for urine to be released into the bladder. Unplug the catheter and collect the specimen in a sterile specimen cup. Be careful not to touch the cup with the catheter. Put a lid on the collection, label, and immediately refrigerate the specimen until you can get it to a lab.

Meanwhile, have you considered either Microcyn or Gentamicin instillations? Or a combination of the two?
    Last edited by gjnl; 02-04-2019 at 07:13 PM.