Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kunming Tongren Hospital treatment (SVF + surgical decompression)

Kunming Tongren Hospital treatment (SVF + surgical decompression)

This hospital came to my attention as was collaborated with Wise Young's umbilical cord mononuclear cord blood treatment here , as well as with Neurogel's activated fat & EPO treatment

http://en.kmtrh.org/

After some failed emails I managed to phone and get in contact with an English speaking contact to find what cervical incomplete SCI treatment they have & it's pricing. Here's some quoted replies to my queries as of March-2018. They don't do Wise Young's procedure. This info may perhaps save some others some time researching?

Umbilical cord stem cells was a clinical trial, and the trial's already finished. And umbilical cord stem cells was from America, right now, China is really strict to the cell out of country, so we can't get the cell now.

SVF protocol:

IV & injections every month, 5 times in total.

Injection site: subarachnoid cavity via lumbar puncture, knee injections, acupoint.

Cost:
    Liposuction+SVF preparation+lab proliferations &storage+ injections: 110,000 RMB (Chinese currency )

Tests: around 5000 RMB.

Basic Rehab + hospital room staying: 25,000 RMB each month.

Note:

1. About basic rehab, ONLY includes Kunming walking program, acupuncture, low/medium frequency therapy, motomed using, PT, OT. DO NOT include the new equipments therapies, which we will purchase lately, for example redcord , suspension system, core muscle training equipment ect. If you wanna do those therapy, you need pay extra. All of the equipments mentioned haven?t arrived yet, and we don?t have a price list for those therapies yet.

2. About room, NOT private room, do 2. For the ward, not include meals, no towels, toilet paper supplies. If you chooses to rent an apartment outside of the hospital, rehab fee only, charge for basic rehab would be 21,000rmb per month. If you want to rent an apartment outside of the hospital, then the basic rehab will be 21,000rmb/month.

We don't do umbilical cord blood stem cells now, but we have Stromal Vascular Fraction (SVF). This fraction is known to contain adult adipose derived stem cells (ADSCs), endothelial cells, monocytes, macrophage, T-regulatory cells and growth factors . ADSCs are known to be of a similar morphology to adult mesenchymal stemcells (MSCs).

But our protocol is internal surgical decompression plus SVF, with SVF alone, we're not sure it's gonna work for you or not.

For spasticity, rehab can reduce some tension, but it's also depends on individuals.
    Drs looked your MRI images, they think you do have a softening lesion on the injured area, but surgery is not necessary. They're afraid that the surgery could affect your breathing cause C3 is relatively high. They suggest rehab exercise is more important for you right now. You can choose to do intensive rehab at local rehab center, or you're welcomed to come to our center to join the walking program.

Last edited by Pauly1; 04-06-2018 at 11:07 AM.

Whats your level of injury
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

C3-C4, incomplete, ASIA-D.

The question is does it do any good?
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    The question is does it do any good?
    If they would provide real effective therapies I guess we would see patients that recovered in the evening news including patients of the China SCI net trial.

Next they will do a trial with the therapy sponsored by Neurogel En Marche Org. which, from the info I have, will be just one more waste of hopes & money of SCI people.

In my opinion we should stop wasting money in sloppy clinical trials and concentrate SCI research money on the lines of research that are focusing on really getting us out of chairs.

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

which research avenue or avenues would you ideally like to see pursued more aggressively
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Tongren Hospital was Kunming Army Hospital at a different locaton, when it took part in the ChinaSCINet Phase II. It is now a private hospital. The treatments they currently offer have nothing to do with ChinaSCINet.

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    which research avenue or avenues would you ideally like to see pursued more aggressively
    See this post: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...=1#post1853635

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Tongren Hospital was Kunming Army Hospital at a different locaton, when it took part in the ChinaSCINet Phase II. It is now a private hospital. The treatments they currently offer have nothing to do with ChinaSCINet.
    Thanks for providing these details Jim. I hope to see walking people after UCB cells transplant in the evening news one day.

Paolo

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Thanks for providing these details Jim. I hope to see walking people after UCB cells transplant in the evening news one day.

Paolo
    Why would it be on the evening news? Why not in the morning news?