Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: latest?

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    ...many fast every day and allow 4 or 8 hours only to eat responsibly. Easy to do when not working.
    I've been reading about that, there's good evidence that it speeds up weight loss even when people don't count calories (so long as they're eating responsibly, as you say). It sounds like a workable plan. I heard Johnny Weir say that he never eats anything after 2 PM because it keeps his weight down and helps him to skate better. I actually look forward to brief fasts because once you're over the initial hunger, it's as if a fog lifts and thinking becomes clearer.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

  2. #12
    Senior Member lynnifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Windsor ON Canada
    Posts
    19,320
    I find I think clearer as well .. and I've been reading some articles saying that it also extends life.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

    T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

  3. #13
    i am down another 3lbs this week. works well. i have 1lb left to my goal.
    several huge IF groups on fb too.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    i am down another 3lbs this week. works well. i have 1lb left to my goal.
    several huge IF groups on fb too.
    Excellent!

    Edited to add: Meant to say earlier how great it is that you have a maintenance plan ready. That's literally half the battle. Daveh0, you'll do great if you find a plan you can live with and even enjoy, like this.
    Last edited by Bonnette; 04-08-2018 at 10:04 AM.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    middle georgia
    Posts
    2,124
    Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    i am down another 3lbs this week. works well. i have 1lb left to my goal.
    several huge IF groups on fb too.
    wow that's great I need to get my but in gear I wonder how many calories in bike riding

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    i am down another 3lbs this week. works well. i have 1lb left to my goal.
    several huge IF groups on fb too.
    That's awesome! I've also had success with IF (down 10 lbs in 6 weeks), but go with the 8 hours on 16 hours off schedule rather than 24 hour fasts. I love the simplicity of it that just by looking at the clock I can tell when to eat and that I generally don't have to track my calories while indulging my cravings. Also, a simple cup of black coffee has never really felt like a bad breakfast to me, but I realize everyone is different.

    Anyway, congrats on the progress!

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    wow that's great I need to get my but in gear I wonder how many calories in bike riding

    There was this discussion on Care Cure Community a while ago:

    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...alories+biking

Similar Threads

  1. 'Latest topics' / 'Latest activity', What's the difference?
    By ChesBay in forum Announcements & Feedback
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-22-2014, 02:17 PM
  2. Want the latest on my SCI
    By TD in forum Cure
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-25-2002, 01:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •