Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intercoms?

Question Intercoms?

I'm so sick of the Radio Shacks intercoms. Wearing out every two years. Any suggestions?
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Our Panasonic DECT6.0 cordless phones (KX-TGA930T) double as intercoms. We've had them for 5++ years (for intra house use only). If your looking for a door answering intercom, I have no specific experience, but NuTone is a reliable brand.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

We also use Panasonic cordless phones spread throughout the house. We bought them on sale at Costco, and then purchased additional handsets. We have like 12 of them spread throughout my Dad's house, near every place he likes to be. He loves them.

The intercom systems we tried never worked well, and were relatively much more pricey to cover multiple rooms/locations.

I need to just tap a button. I don't want to have to pick up a phone that the harder part. I can use my cell otherwise.
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

Which Radioshack model do you like?
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I need to just tap a button. I don't want to have to pick up a phone that the harder part. I can use my cell otherwise.
    We have an Aiphone system in our apartment building. It's a multi-unit building and probably more complex than what you need, but we've never had an issue with it not working correctly.

Here's their stuff: http://www.aiphone.com/home/products/

Maybe something like this would work: http://www.aiphone.com/home/products/db/

Not many retailers have dedicated intercoms these days. You might want to check HD or Lowes or similar Home Improvement store. I have found in their garage door and automated gate departments they have wireless intercom systems.

This option is worth a look also

http://www.amazon.com/Dakota-Alert-M...ota+alert+2500

another option is to use Frs / Gmrs two way radios there are base station units that look like an intercom.

This looks good also

Chamberlain - Voice-Activated Wireless Portable Intercom NLS2 (Includes 2 Intercoms)

http://www.amazon.com/Chamberlain-Vo...ref=pd_cp_hi_2

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Which Radioshack model do you like?
    None at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    None at this point.
    Great answer to a poorly worded question. What I meant to ask is what style do you prefer?
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>