Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPhone X - Any of you quads own?

iPhone X - Any of you quads own?

Not sure if I have posted this in the right sub-forum, maybe I should have posted under computers?

I have an iPhone 7 right now and I'm thinking of getting a new phone and switching carriers from AT&T to Verizon since I've been with AT&T for over 14 years the quality of the calls has drastically declined. I don't know what they do with their towers but I only have one bar at home and two years ago it was three bars.

The iPhone X does not have the home button and that's what worries me.

Since I work from home, I have to charge my phone about 2-3 times a day. The battery life on the new iPhone seems a lot better plus there is an option for wireless charging. The only thing I don't like is Face ID, I don't know how I would use that with my crippled hands. You have to physically pick the phone up and bow to it

If anyone of you and owns the iPhone X what are your thoughts? I am mostly looking for opinions from quads. Thanks for your feedback
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

I had an iPhone X, but exactly what you mention caused me to give it to my boy and go back to my iPhone 7.
    If the phone is on the table, you will have to pick it up to unlock.
    If you are in bed then its not natural picking it up and holding it above you to unlock.
    The button is so much easier.

I'm only a para, but I imagine the problem would only be worse for a quad.

Regarding not having any signal at home, have you tried turning on wifi calling?
    I have poor signal at home, so I turned on wifi calling and now the calls go over the internet when at home and I never drop a call.
    Might be an option until the next iPhone comes out, as there isn't much between a 7 and an 8 to make an upgrade worthwhile.

I should preface this with 'I'm not a quad' but I can't use the home button, so I use 'assistive touch'. Are there not any options e.g. switch control or assistive touch, in the accessibility functions, which fix this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Mac85 View Post
    Not sure if I have posted this in the right sub-forum, maybe I should have posted under computers?

I have an iPhone 7 right now and I'm thinking of getting a new phone and switching carriers from AT&T to Verizon since I've been with AT&T for over 14 years the quality of the calls has drastically declined. I don't know what they do with their towers but I only have one bar at home and two years ago it was three bars.

The iPhone X does not have the home button and that's what worries me.

Since I work from home, I have to charge my phone about 2-3 times a day. The battery life on the new iPhone seems a lot better plus there is an option for wireless charging. The only thing I don't like is Face ID, I don't know how I would use that with my crippled hands. You have to physically pick the phone up and bow to it

If anyone of you and owns the iPhone X what are your thoughts? I am mostly looking for opinions from quads. Thanks for your feedback

Not a quad but did have iPhone 10 for a month and hated it on so many levels.

A few you mention...to unlock it, could not do it while its in the charger had to pick it up and unlock then est it back on the charger.

Its wireless so if you get one get a wireless charger and it just sits there during your day.

Its just not worth the $1100 price point.

On you iPhone 7 do you know you can take it to Apple store and get a new battery for $29 installed!

I have the X. There is a "tap to wake' option under accessibility. You don't have to pick it up to wake it.

Here's a positive 2-cents....my daughter (C5) has had her iPhoneX since December and she loves it. With Face ID you barely have to press buttons. Sometimes she puts her cell in her cup holder on her chair and she'll just ask Siri to open an app and it opens because of Face ID. You don't have to "Simba" the phone to use it. Also, the camera is really great.

Quote Originally Posted by niallel View Post
    Regarding not having any signal at home, have you tried turning on wifi calling?
    I have poor signal at home, so I turned on wifi calling and now the calls go over the internet when at home and I never drop a call.
    Might be an option until the next iPhone comes out, as there isn't much between a 7 and an 8 to make an upgrade worthwhile.
    Yeah I have it on all the time but I plan on switching carriers because I'm tired of it

Quote Originally Posted by RollPositive View Post
    On you iPhone 7 do you know you can take it to Apple store and get a new battery for $29 installed!
    My new update on 11.3 shows that I have 88% of battery left are used or or how many cycles is been through but yeah I will have to replace it pretty soon

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    I have the X. There is a "tap to wake' option under accessibility. You don't have to pick it up to wake it.
    Gotcha, I didn't know such thing existed

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    How do you like your phone? Is it easy enough to use? I don't even lock my phone, no passcode

I've bounced between Apple and Samsung. I prefer the iphone X. I have found the voice recognition to be far more accurate for text, and since I have an ipad and imac, I prefer the connectivity between them all.

Anyone pairing an Apple watch with their phone? On phones with GPS/Cellular (Series 3), you don't even have to have the phone with you to answer/place calls, send texts and get app notifications.