Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why am I no longer receiving email notificatons?

Over a year ago we hired a company who has much experience with vBulletin, to host our site on their cloud. This move from Rutgers' server would also include an upgrade to the newest version of eBulletin. Steven Edwards, our long time tech Admin, began the process with the new company. Unfortunately, before it was complete, Steven became very sick. I haven't been able to contact him in several months.

Another member has stepped in, but is also dealing with health issues.

So are folks going to other sites/forums in the meantime since this one isn't up to par yet? If so, what are some good alternative sites?
    Last edited by beatscookin; 07-18-2019 at 01:42 AM. Reason: clarity

Not me. I'm sticking with CC. They have done a great job thru the years. No need to dump them when they're changing over. I trust Steve and T8 will will get better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by beatscookin View Post
    So are folks going to other sites/forums in the meantime since this one isn't up to par yet? If so, what are some good alternative sites?
    It might be missing certain features but you can post new threads, read and reply to other posts, search and find posts that you might want to read which covers what a forum should provide. It has probably the largest amount of SCI knowledge you can find on the internet, if people move away from it you'll lose the key factor user input.

I looked at options last night and vbulletin offer a cloud based server and claim to have transfer tools so maybe instead of a 3rd party cloud server it would make sense to use the forum software hosting which should work seamlessly and their transfer tools?

Quote Originally Posted by mrb View Post
    It might be missing certain features but you can post new threads, read and reply to other posts, search and find posts that you might want to read which covers what a forum should provide. It has probably the largest amount of SCI knowledge you can find on the internet, if people move away from it you'll lose the key factor user input.

I looked at options last night and vbulletin offer a cloud based server and claim to have transfer tools so maybe instead of a 3rd party cloud server it would make sense to use the forum software hosting which should work seamlessly and their transfer tools?
    Thanks mrb, I'll look into it.

It would be nice to get this up and running again. Let me know if you need any help I know some people and have some knowledge
    "Yesterday's History,Tomorrow's a Mystery"