Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reacher for a Quad

Reacher for a Quad

My injury is at C6/7 complete. I have no finger function, I have only fair tenodesis grasp. I am looking for a reacher to help me pick things off the floor, i.e., keys, pen, stylus, etc. Any quads use a reacher that does not require being able to pull a trigger?

Thanks.

The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Magic wand

I stick Bostick adhesive putty at the end of a wooden dowel rod cut to about 24" long by 1/2" thick

I push the opposite end between my palm glove and palm as I can't hold it. I've dropped my stylus pen about 2000 times. If the putty is new it can stick to a mobile phone and lift it off the floor. I also use it to reach up into a cupboard for a coffee mug by sliding the mug down the dowel rod.
    It is ideal for picking up papers, paper clips and whatever else you drop that's light weight. Ive had it for about 25 years and replace the putty every now and then.
    Last edited by gps; 04-04-2018 at 10:50 AM.

this is hands down the best. i just bought 1.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I own 3 crippers... awesome design

One of my friends Doug that works with quadtools.com has about 12 of them. He invented a sip and puff cripper.
    Last edited by Mac85; 04-02-2018 at 11:05 PM.
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

I have two Crippers. One has the standard pincers and the other has spatulas for use on the grill. These were made by some freshman engineering students. I provide a project and some mentoring each year.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

haha those grill cripper handles r gr8
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Blog Entries
    I've got a long cripper that works great for stuff on the floor. I have also used Telestiks, but don't find them as versatile.

https://pikstik.com/pages/telestik
    Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

Telestiks

I've been using Telestiks for years now, they are great because when they're collapsed they don't take up much space. I have one in a drawer in my night table and another in a Fanny pack I use for my wallet and stuff whenever I go out. Holding onto it shouldn't be a problem with the optional hand strap.
    Daniel G.