Thread: Fes bike

Fes bike

Hi. I was wondering if people could tell me a bit about their experience with a fes bike. Im a c8-t1 incomplete. i have no function but good sensation below me lvl of injury. Does the fes bike give you more muscles so your legs wont look so skinny? i have lots of spasm, but i have lost a lot of muscle still. Thank you for your time!:
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Fes bike

Hi everyone. What is the best fes bike? im an c8-t1 incomplete, with sensation and no movement. i have lots of spasm which i can control a bit. thansk
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

I'm currently for a short period in Rehab, and I use a Motomed Viva for my arms only (but you can use it for legs too)
    It seems to be a nice product and I'm thinking about one for home, but they are expensive (5000€ in France, approx. 5700$)
    If you have spasms in your legs, you have muscles too. If you can control your spasms a little bit, it is the only solution to keep your muscles in your legs (trigger them from time to time) unless your legs have enough power to turn the pedals of the bike.
    C6-7 since mid 2002, no hand control nor triceps.
    my website & my job (in France): Accessibility advisor www.acceslibre.eu
    Also working on a French research about Peer counseling and Empowerment.

I'm a lot higher C3 complete and use an RT300 FES bike about 5 times a week, average ride 90 minutes. It has helped rebuild leg muscles but the major benefit for me is mental. Prior to my accident I was a keen cyclist and always out riding, the FES bike lets me train like I used to and feel that I can still progress and make gains. They are expensive and you need to be sure that you will use it regularly otherwise they are an expensive bit of furniture. I'm not certain that the Motomed mentioned above is FES.
    I spasm a little but rarely on the bike, RT300 has spasm detect which should cut power if you do spasm on it.

The RT is OK but VERY expensive($18K?), and you HAVE to pay them to send someone to set it up for you, even if you buy a used one.
    We bought a Myocycle ($8K) and are happy with it. It connects to your WiFi and talks to Myolyn's server every time you finish a session. Then they email you a recap of your performance.

From all I've heard the Myocyle is great. Matt and his company have done a great job with its design and implementation. I still use both my Electrologics and probably will for the rest of my life. Electrologic built a great sturdy well engineered FES bike.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Would be really interesting to hear from someone who has been fortunate to try all these FES bike solutions, and get a side by side consumer reports type comparison as it were.
    How many channels does the myocycle use ?
    Would be good if they had a demo video with a paralyzed person on their website, hooking up, exercising etc..

https://myolyn.com/index.php/products/myocycle-home

Myolyn is a 6 channel with a soon-to-be-released 12-channel for clinical customers (though I'm sure they'd sell to home users too).
    I almost went with a Myolyn based on price in spite of really wanting 12 channels, but then RTI gave me a great price with the trade-in of my old Sage 7 RT300.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    which one was the Sage 7?
    I'm running the RTI 300 with the old HP/Compaq controller! 6 channels + 2 lower leg Walkaides. so claiming 8 channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Myolyn is a 6 channel with a soon-to-be-released 12-channel for clinical customers (though I'm sure they'd sell to home users too).
    I almost went with a Myolyn based on price in spite of really wanting 12 channels, but then RTI gave me a great price with the trade-in of my old Sage 7 RT300.

Quote Originally Posted by NW-Will View Post
    Would be really interesting to hear from someone who has been fortunate to try all these FES bike solutions, and get a side by side consumer reports type comparison as it were.
    How many channels does the myocycle use ?
    Would be good if they had a demo video with a paralyzed person on their website, hooking up, exercising etc..

https://myolyn.com/index.php/products/myocycle-home
    Video coming very soon! It's in final editing.

The closest thing to a real head-to-head that's been done so far is a metabolic comparison done by Mark Nash at the Miami Project: https://myolyn.com/index.php/myoblog...cycle-vs-rt300