Thread: Mouth stick holder

Mouth stick holder

Hi, I currently have a mouth stick that hangs from a lanyard around my neck, and I have modified the tip with conductive foam that allows me to use my phone, tablet, etc, and I also use it to type on my keyboard. I've tried using a stylus tip with the mouth stick, but find after use that the tip blackens my keyboard, sticks to the keys, and eventually loses its effectiveness. It does work better with my devices though. So what I'd like to do is keep a mouth stick around my neck with the stylus tip to use with my phone (which is attached to my chair), and have the mouth stick with the foam (which I have found is better using with the keyboard) in some kind of holder at my computer desk that I could easily pull up to, grab, and put back as needed. Anyone use/recommend a desk mouth stick holder?

The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

A drinking glass. PVC if you have some lying around. One end could easily be cut in an angle to mimic one shown above and glued to any kind of surface as a base. It would be a lot cheaper.

Thank you. At those prices I'll just try to rig something up.

It's ridiculous what mouth sticks cost. A piece of 3/16" x 3' rigid aluminum tubing is $4.00.
    Last edited by Brent K; 04-02-2018 at 01:52 AM.

For me the issue hasn't been finding aluminum, it's the mouthpiece.

Anyone know if it would be easily doable to take an existing mouthpiece from a mouth stick, and mail it or take it somewhere to have it 3d printer reproduced?
    Last edited by landrover; 04-02-2018 at 03:45 PM.

Do you use silicone sleeves? They are hard plastics but flat pvc or polycarbonates might work in making a mouthpiece? Both are sturdy materials.

No, I don't like the sleeves.