Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom Roho?

Custom Roho?

Does Roho make a custom cushion to the customers likes, wants? I?m currently on a High Profile Quattro Cushion. I am wanting to make the cells in the anus part of my body/area considerably lower in the area. I cannot use the Roho contour as I have that and pressure mapped not so well.
    Perhaps Tom over at Roho can chime in here and we can have a one on one pow-wow of my questioning.
    Thanks
    Eddie
    -----------
    Eddie

Hey Nick, Roho already makes one that fits your needs. It's called the Roho Enhancer here's a link good luck in your search. Nick in Phoenix T-10 para. https://www.indemedical.com/ROHO-Enh...on_p_1115.html

Blog Entries
    That's a Contoured shape which he said didn't work. Sounds like he's looking for a flat mid/high cushion with just ~low profile cells under the sacral area.

They used to make custom cell cushions, at least a number of years ago. It would suck if they stopped. I've considered trying to get a 15x16 mid-profile with 4 low profile cells in the center of the back 2 rows, in a square shape. That would be great.
    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by nmireles View Post
    Hey Nick, Roho already makes one that fits your needs. It's called the Roho Enhancer here's a link good luck in your search. Nick in Phoenix T-10 para. https://www.indemedical.com/ROHO-Enh...on_p_1115.html
    This is exactly what I can?t sit on. I have one now. I?m selling it actually. It?s useless to me. But thanks for suggesting.
    -----------
    Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    That's a Contoured shape which he said didn't work. Sounds like he's looking for a flat mid/high cushion with just ~low profile cells under the sacral area.

They used to make custom cell cushions, at least a number of years ago. It would suck if they stopped. I've considered trying to get a 15x16 mid-profile with 4 low profile cells in the center of the back 2 rows, in a square shape. That would be great.
    That’s exactly what I want. I have 4 of the cells tied off in the sacrum area and it’s workig somewhat. But I hate it that way. I want it custom made with significantly lowered cells. I’d gladly pay out of pocket on costs, as long as it’s not absurd price.
    -----------
    Eddie

I was also interested in having Roho make an custom cushion.
    Here is the design worksheet from the Permobil website.
    Not sure of the cost.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkyarddog View Post
    I was also interested in having Roho make an custom cushion.
    Here is the design worksheet from the Permobil website.
    Not sure of the cost.
    Wow. That's excellent. Thanks!
    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Here is the link to the website page with additional information on the ROHO custom cushion program:

http://permobilus.com/product/rohocustom-cushion/

The design chart already provided is where you start, you then build up your cushion from there. Usually best if you start with an existing cushion so you have the # of cells for width and depth already determined. If you are starting with a QUADTRO SELECT as your base model, that usually means you can avoid having a custom design with multiple inflation valves - just design the shape of the contour with the custom features you are seeking and use the standard inflation value and ISOFLO control to establish your adjustment.

US retail price on a custom cushion is $654. There often is funding for a custom cushion, based on eligibility and need for a custom design. You need to work with a rehab dealer knowledgeable about funding to determine if you can qualify for funding for a custom product.

Regards,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    I am wanting to make the cells in the anus part of my body/area considerably lower.
    Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie, I love your no-nonsense use of the English language and highly recommend you email Roho directly with this exact verbiage and post their response in this forum.

also roho definitely does custom cushions (I’m sitting on one), but I’m not sure if they can vary the height of the cells.

Blog Entries
    Looks like you can select H, M, or L for each cell on the order from. High/Mid/Low profile. Tom B. is the el Presidente of Roho Group, his info is prolly as solid as it gets!